Manager AMER Analytics, eBay IACBengaluru, India Requisition Number R0034196
About Analytics and IAC Team: India Analytics Center (IAC) is the largest global analytics center of excellence for eBay outside its San Jose, CA headquarters since 2008. Each team is responsible for enabling data-driven business decisions and generating business insights and recommendations by analyzing this data, and partnering with Business Unit (P&L) teams, Product Managers, and CXO leadership across the globe at eBay on driving impactful decisions that drive volumes, revenues and improves customer experiences. There is a strong focus on bias for action and doing targeted analytics on the most important business problems for the company. India Analytics Center is responsible for delivering business insights and high impact analyses to the Product and Business teams within eBay. The team addresses strategic and operational questions facing the business including user behavior, performance measurement, and product and marketing efficiency.
The Role: We are currently looking for a Manager, AMER Analytics to join us. This individual will partner with the cross functional business teams and Analytics teams across AMER and lead a COE (Center of Excellence) from IAC building analytical capabilities and solutions in these areas. The role is data and analytically intensive. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity.
As a manager of analytics team unit with the center, the right candidate will also assume leadership responsibilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build close partnership with the business and product teams to Innovate, Identify and Explore new analytics and operational opportunities, to help drive results to enable the business units (B/U) to track and drive initiatives via the performance metrics to identify, quantify, prioritize, test, launch and monitor improvements in business outcomes in their markets from both buyer and seller perspectives.
- Key “go-to” person for business functional leads within B/U to provide thought leadership and recommendations to future business direction partnering with product and business teams
- Develop and mentor teams in collaboration with business partners
- Identify and develop analytical frameworks to evaluate growth levers and establish measurement and tracking
- Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects including data gathering and manipulation, synthesis, modeling, problem solving, and documentation
- Proven record of deep engagement as invested partner, coaching across business units on analytics strategy, interpreting results, providing clear focused business direction and insights
- Leverage deep functional based analysis, with ability to persuasively present insights and make recommendations and execute under extreme time constraints
- BS/BA degree (ideally in a quantitative field such in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Econometrics, Math, Physics, Computer Science, other related Core Sciences or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience in analytics and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance Or Master’s degree in similar field or MBA and 3+ years of experience in analytics and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance
- Minimum 6 + years related experience, impacting large domain/business unit results and partner relationships through creation of business process
- 1-2 years of experience as line manager and/or business partner of large domain/business unit with proven results and exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytic impact
- Effective leader and people manager who understands eBay business and current business trends, responsible for improving financial and business performance (ideally Active eBay user)
- Engage through creation of business processor equivalent Expert Excel, Power Point skills and database query skills (e.g., SQL); and proficiency in data warehouse architecture
- Master’s degree with strong academic profile and emphasis on quantitative coursework (e.g., degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.)
- 7+ years direct business experience in marketing, analytics, and/or finance
- 2-3 years of experience as line manager/business partner of large domain/business unit with proven results and exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytic impact
- Breadth of experiences and use cases data mining and quantitative analytic ability and hands-on data analytics experience
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills and database query skills (e.g., SQL); and an understanding of data warehouse architecture, impacting large domain/business unit results and partner relationships
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive and Tableau, ideally in web analytics or at a leading management consulting, financial services or marketing company
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: