Manager Cloud Reliability EngineeringBerlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0018759 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG)is one of the fastest growing businesses within eBay that drives connected commerce by creating local marketplaces across the globe, powered by simplicity and enriched personal interaction. We have built the world’s most successful classifieds company through strong local brands that help people find whatever they’re looking for in their communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation.
To strengthen the DevOps team , we are looking for a talented Manager/Team Lead - Cloud Reliability Engineering (f/m).
We are looking for a manager who is excited about leading a team of Cloud Reliability Engineers distributed over multiple locations in Europe (Amsterdam/Berlin), with a view to further geographic expansion. The role is focused on ensuring we provide the highest level of service to our internal cloud customers, driving process improvement whilst maintaining SLAs on availability and performance of our cloud infrastructure.
- Build a Cloud Reliability team spread over multiple locations and time zones
- Ensure our private cloud meets all internal SLAs
- Ensure our private cloud meets all security requirements
- Leading a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers in a dynamic environment in multiple locations
- Identify, advocate and influence technology and process improvements
- Work with internal customers to meet their requirements
Your skill profile:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree / MBA or relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure or Software Development teams, preferably in rapidly changing environments of scale
- Good understanding of all technical concepts running large internet platforms.
- Min. 2 years of people management experience.
- Creative thinking and openness to different views and input
- Outcome oriented - not reactionary; articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Independent, structured and reliable work methods
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and ideally also in German while being able to adjust to very different audiences. Ability to communicate effectively across multiple locations, time zones and functions.
- Proven record on ability to deliver in time and high quality
- Available for occasional travel to our sister sites within the eCG Group (>5%)
What do we offer?
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, softskill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest Mac Book Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
- Home office possibilities
- A great campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility infoR0018759
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself