Product Analyst (f/m/d)Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0036342
Passionate about analytics? Excited about turning data into meaningful business insights?
We are looking for a talented Product Analyst (f/m/d) in the eCG Motors Vertical team in Berlin!
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities – whether it is a car, an apartment, a concert ticket, financial services or a new phone. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
The eCG Motors Vertical team is flexible and fast paced like a start-up. We are also part of the global eBay family investing in our people and long-term success. Our team is driving the creation of global motors solutions for the eCG companies across the globe, e.g. Kijiji Autos. We value entrepreneurial spirit, a drive to make things happen and mutual respect for each other’s talent and contribution.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product, and we are looking for you as a
Product Analyst (f/m/d)
As a Product Analyst in the eCG Motors Vertical team, you will take a data-centric approach to objectively informing the product and process decisions critical to crafting a world class user experience and to achieving our commercial objectives.
You will help guide our team of product managers focusing on identifying and solving user experience, commercialization, and product issues by extracting actionable insights from complex data.
Curious, analytical, hypothesis-driven and proficient with data tools and sources, you will challenge our understanding of our users and customers and be a key contributor in finding solutions.
If you love to work with data as much as you love to work with people, have a deep desire to understand our users and their behavior, and are excited to develop insights and recommendations that have a real impact on our products, then join us as a Product Analyst (f/m/d)!
- Drive for results. Structure complex, ambiguous consumer experience & commercial performance questions. Drive data analysis and hypothesis iteration to generate actionable insights.
- Support product development with iterative testing to achieve the best possible user experience.
- Analyze product usage trends to uncover potential commercial opportunities.
- Enable other teams to better understand how our product is used by providing dashboards, reports, or through other, innovative methods.
- Continually improve your knowledge of analytics tools, methods, our customers, business, and markets.
- Contribute to a highly skilled product analytics team, sharing knowledge and developing consistent standards around analysis, measurement and reporting.
Your Qualification & Skill Profile:
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical role
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field
- Passion for using data to influence product and business decisions
- Ability to convert complex business questions into concrete requirements, relevant metrics and actionable insights to give clear recommendations
- Ability to break down problems and projects into smaller pieces and effectively communicate with a diverse set of people to reach the right outcomes as quickly as possible
- Strong skills in data retrieval (e.g. SQL) and handling (e.g. R or Python)
- Experience in Google Analytics / Google Data Studio is a plus
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong knowledge of data methods and statistics
- Eagerness to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Fluent in English
What we offer:
- A dynamic, highly skilled, international team with a passion for the customer, a global perspective and a good sense of humor
- An excellent working environment in a dynamic business with high team autonomy, flat hierarchies and an ethos that “The Best Idea Wins”
- Opportunity to apply advanced techniques and analytical standards
- Continuous development through active training and workshops & conferences
- Global scope, working closely with other eBay Classified Group teams across Europe, North American and APAC to build solutions which will be used by millions of people globally
- Competitive salary and phenomenal benefits, e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, regular offsites & team events, developer-grade notebook of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Family-friendly environment
From the moment that you join our team we seek to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, then we invite you to apply and send us your CV.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion, click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: