Junior VAT SpecialistBern, Switzerland Requisition Number R0039730 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
The Swiss based Junior VAT Specialist, Indirect Taxes, will be responsible for and participate in EMEA indirect tax projects. This position will be part of the EMEA Indirect tax team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in various indirect tax aspects of our EMEA businesses
- Collaborate and coordinate internally and with various business resources, other tax functions, and external tax advisors
- Assist with timely and accurate indirect tax advice for business units
- Support with VAT compliance (i.e. filing of VAT returns)
- Understand inter company relationships and transactions and the VAT impact
- Assist with changes in indirect tax legislation in different countries
- Assist with SAP processes dealing with indirect taxes, tax codes, and reporting
- Participate in development of software solutions for indirect tax automation
- Assist with developing training material to be deployed to key functions within the business
- Proficient in English - other languages helpful
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Tax, Legal, or Accounting; advanced degree is helpful
- Have the desire and passion to work and constantly adapt yourself to the evolving global indirect tax world
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Great Teammate
Focus on accuracy as well as efficiency
- Capable to work independently while acting as part of a global tax team
- Ideally first practical experience in the field of Indirect Tax
- Flexibility and the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new technology and business models
- Demonstrate good listening, communication and problem-resolution skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: