Senior Director, Global TaxBern, Switzerland Requisition Number R0034431
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team
Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
Senior Director – Global Tax
The Senior Director – Global Tax will be responsible for maintaining an efficient tax structure that is aligned with the company’s strategic objectives. The role is the business unit liaison for tax matters outside the US and specifically pertaining to strategic planning, internal structuring, M&A and tax controversy.
The role will report to the Global Head of Tax and will work closely and communicate with all areas of the tax group including Tax Operations, Indirect Tax, US Planning & Transfer Pricing.
The development of effective working relationships with management, as well as finance and other operating personnel, located throughout the world is required. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global tax department of a dynamic company with a highly collaborative culture with interesting and challenging international tax work.
- Leading a global team based in the Switzerland, Netherlands, and Singapore with matrixed responsibility across the tax group
- Maintaining an efficient tax structure that is aligned with the company’s strategic short term and/or long term objectives
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on day to day business operation matters to the group including BU, Legal, Treasury & HR
- Collaborate with US planning on implication of tax strategies for the company
- Identify, evaluate, and advise on the international income tax consequences of legislative developments, as well as current and proposed transactions.
- Actively participate with GR on tax policy matters
- Establish and maintain the global tax policy, provide technical guidance and training
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Establish and manage relationships with in country tax offices
- Advanced Pricing Agreement & Private Binding Ruling negotiations
- Direct participation in Tax rate strategy and planning
- Support the tax accounting provision process for international operations under ASC 740 on a quarterly and annual basis
- Support the International and U.S. compliance reporting process related to Non-U.S. entities including supervising review of material tax & statutory filings
- Board presentations on tax risk
- Support internal initiatives
- Special projects, as needed
- Significant experience of working in a global tax environment
- Strong technical skills with excellent knowledge of international-related rules and planning
- Sensitivity to US GAAP Tax accounting requirements
- Ability to interpret and explain complex tax legislation
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to partners
- Able to build effective working relationships with a diverse range of individuals and teams
- Planning and co-ordination skills, with experience of leading and successfully delivering tax related projects
- The capability to operate with a strategic focus, as well as being in the detail and responsible for delivery
- Experience in a leadership role and driving a high performance team culture
- Mentoring and managing team members
- Culturally aware to be able to work across international borders, with a can do attitude
- Flexibility in approach to both lead and work through change
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree.
- CPA and Masters of Taxation or LLM in Tax are preferred
- 15+ years of combined firm and industry experience
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: