Finance Analyst EMEABilbao, Spain Requisition Number R0034541
Finance Analyst EMEA
LOCATION: Bilbao, Spain
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
StubHub International is a dynamic and rapidly growing business unit with presence in over 40 markets. We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance Operations team in Bilbao, managing the P&L for our EMEA business and being a strong finance partner to the EMEA leadership and operations team. The candidate will directly report into the Head of Finance Operations at StubHub International and work closely with the broader Finance organization as well as the various business functions such as marketing, supply and business development. This role offers the candidate a unique opportunity to learn more about ticketing, manage a full P&L and exand their financial acumen, while operating in a high growth and complex business.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the monthly financial close, journal entries & accruals, accurate financial reporting of top line sales volume, revenue and expenses, flux analysis, and managing the team headcount targets and employee expenses (T&E)
• Financial planning and reporting (monthly forecasting, annual budgeting and strategic long term planning)
• Ensure reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner. Assure financial compliance.
• Be a relevant business partner that helps guide business decisions and resource allocations by providing a clear understanding of the “ROI” of investments: ability to challenge based on trends and variance analysis
• Drive analysis of cost trends, associated drivers and articulate in a cohesive manner thru internal business metrics
• Continuously identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes to reduce cycle time and churn in all operational planning processes
• Provide monthly reports comparing actual trends against budget and forecast assumptions to the EMEA leadership team
• Assist in the development of Business Strategy and maintain a high level of communication with all levels of eBay Management, including facilitating meetings and presenting analyses
• Works closely with the MP Controllership team to monitor compliance with GAAP and provide meaningful flux analysis. Understand accounting policies and accurate financial reporting/forecasting both internally and externally
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Recognized accountancy qualification is preferred or demonstration of experience in a similar role
• 3+ years' of relevant work experience in finance or accounting roles
• Strong analytical capabilities; experience in business planning & analysis is a major plus.
• Proven understanding of finance, accounting principles and internal controls.
• Result driven, strong sense of initiative and autonomy, a self-starter.
• Able to organize work load to get to results
• Ability to cooperate closely with peers at the office and around the globe.
• Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and translate them into actionable solutions.
• Ability to communicate fluently with business leaders, technical people and management across the organization.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with SAP, BPC, or similar financial planning and reporting tools
• High energy and a desire to work in a results oriented, fast growth, team oriented environment
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Natural interest or experience in e-commerce
• Willingness and ability to work during periods with high workloads
• Strong communication skills, experienced in collaboration, and emotional intelligence
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: