Business Rules Analyst - AutomationDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0041531
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world!
About the Team:
The Customer Service Technology Team (CS Tech) is focused on providing our customers and teammate with simple, consistent experiences. We leverage technology to enable customers to find answers, solve problems and get the right service. We also provide enterprise applications, foundational capabilities and core infrastructure across all experiences. Lastly we are here to provide operational support and management for contact center technology and initiatives!
About the Position:
The Business Rules Writer is responsible for creating and maintaining rules within a backend rules engine. These rules are used for eBay policy enforcement and process automation. In this role you will proactively work with Policy Managers, Process Managers, and other business partners to understand changing needs, policies, and procedures.
The Rule Writer ensures all changes from the business are coordinated with Customer Solutions Technology and are reflected and applied accurately in the written rules. You will also proactively seek out opportunities for gains in automation and process efficiency in order to drive contact reduction and loss reduction.
- Requirements elicitation with business partners – policy managers, business leaders.
- Analysis of business rules artifacts (requirements documents, process maps).
- Creation and modification, organization, and optimization of business rules.
- Monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Documentation of requirements and reports.
- Attend or manage workshops and update meetings
Skills & Experience:
- eBay Process and Policy Knowledge—has domain expertise in various policies and processes across eBay, especially within E2M and M2M.
- Analytical Thinking—ability to analyze information, compare and contrast it and find trending data to draw conclusions.
- Organizational and Project Management—able to use technology and project management skills to successfully complete projects on a timely basis.
- Result Orientation-focuses self and others on achieving desired outcomes in a responsive and timely manner.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical Thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Leadership—Self-driven/self-motivated, willing to lead, take charge, offer opinions and direction. Escalates appropriately in a timely manner.
- Communication—ability to interact with all levels of the organization. Listens openly, understands root causes and clearly conveys messages and information.
- Multi-tasking—able to properly perform multiple duties at once.
- Resilience—Effectively manages stress in a fast-paced setting.
- Team Work—Works effectively with others to accomplish objectives and goals. Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Knowledge of eBay Policy and Customer Service or the equivalent online retail policy and customer support experience
- Process Mapping
- Experience in working with the IFD Rule Engine Tool or business process automation a plus
- Skills in writing macros or developing automation for business processes are strongly preferred.
- Preferred +1 year EMBG experience and/or +1 year Risk and Fraud experience or the equivalent online retail member and risk/fraud experience
- Preferred +1 year EMBG experience or +1 year Risk and Fraud experience
- Preferred SQL or equivalent experience is helpful.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.