Coaching Program ManagerDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0039782
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding 25 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
eBay’s Quality & Coaching Team are responsible for delivering on the quality continuous improvement model and ensuring that this Quality & Coaching framework aligns with the strategic goals of the business. We are also responsible for the design and implementation of a globally consistent Coaching Program that supports a culture of excellence in delivering great customer experiences. We have proven experience in building a continuous improvement organization that can scale and coordinate simultaneous quality & coaching efforts across global teams, as well as innovating on mechanisms that enable the team to succeed in their roles. Our Q&C Team is included in the global learning & performance support organization (LPS).
eBay is searching for an experienced, results driven leader for our Coaching Program with experience in implementing global Coaching frameworks. Our coaching program is comprised of 3 pillars: the coaching role, coach onboarding and development, and coaching culture. You will combine your coaching and organizational development expertise to build out these pillars in our global contact centers. Your ultimate accountability is the success of the coaching program, measured by improvements in our key customer metrics.
Key to success in this role is pairing your coaching expertise with your strong business mentality, focused on achieving measurable performance improvements that ultimately result in great customer experiences. You are expert in collaborating with internal business leaders and partner organizations to inspire change globally. You will use your skills and experience in the areas of operations, organizational transformation and change, leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and other people/ process related fields to deliver scalable, customer-focused coaching programs and services to help the business achieve its goals.
In this role you will:
- Own and successfully implement our coaching program, comprised of 3 pillars: coaching role, coach development, and coaching culture. Conceive, design, develop, and implement each of these pillars within our global customer contact centers, using change management practices to broadly engage all partners and achieve high adoption. Fundamental to this program is that coaching for performance is at the core.
- Partner with business leaders to translate our strategy and goals into coaching program strategies and programs that enable us to deliver great customer experiences, measured by our customer experience success metrics.
- Provide coaching programs and support resources to ensure coaches and team leaders can effectively coach to changes we make to our site, policy, processes, and customer engagement.
- Provide reports and impactful insights that allows your partners to connect effective coaching practices to operational performance.
- Identify coaching insight themes and effectively influence leaders to take clear and focused plans of action for improvement.
- Act as the business owner for coaching applications. Define business requirements for enhancements or new builds.
- Create strong, trust-based relationships with leaders across the organization to support critical initiatives, influence culture, identify organizational trends, and establish relationships.
- Engage deeply in learning and understanding our business and service strategy model.
- Implement coach program pillars both at eBay in-house locations for employees and at partner locations globally.
- Manage and ensure partners adhere to their contractual coaching program obligations, through our governance framework.
- Partner with other support functions including Customer Insights, Quality, and Learning to identify cross-functional opportunities to tackle customers’ problems.
- Own and evolve the Coach Role pillar:
- Drive consistency and alignment around the role of the coach within the eBay Customer Service organization, incl. core responsibilities, job requirements and career framework, for coaches and team leaders.
- Define and identify coaching support requirements for managers and directors.
- Own and evolve the Coach Development pillar:
- Deliver quarterly coach onboarding program for both coaches and team leaders. Continuously improve coaching onboarding program.
- With your team, design, develop, implement, and evolve coaching resources, including playbooks, workflows, action planning, coaching guides, etc.
- With your team, identify, design, and develop additional, regular coach development sessions to build our organizational coaching capability.
- Conceive, design, and implement coaching certification program for new coaches, senior coaches, and team leaders.
- Introduce companion certification program and/or elements of it within our partner network.
- Own and evolve the coaching community pillar:
- Establish a coaching culture that can be felt, seen, and experienced across our contact centers. Conceive, design, and implement a coaching community to engage and connect coaches, drive excitement in their role and in their own development, and create a pipeline of future coaches. This is the pillar we have advanced the least so far in our journey and is ready for you to make your mark and bring your innovation and expertise to the fore!
- Engage all levels of leaders as key partners in the successful adoption of the coaching program and in establishing a strong coaching culture.
- Lead and develop a distributed team of 2-3 Coaching Development Leads.
- Create a cohesive, effective team by rewarding and recognizing, engaging and coaching, and role modelling eBay values.
- Develop your team’s coaching skills and eye for business.
- First and foremost you have a passion for coaching for performance, and have spent 5+ years leading, developing, and implementing coaching programs in customer service organizations, ideally globally.
- Coaching certifications are a plus, though you can also demonstrate experience through roles held in Operations, HR, organizational development, or Learning that have specifically focused on and had responsibility for coaching.
- Experience applying coaching within an operational environment is essential, ideally with a non-exempt population.
- Applying strong discernment applied to proactively develop strategic coaching program components and evolve the coaching strategy.
- Using significant knowledge in change management and culture building to implement enterprise wide change initiatives.
- Strong, engaging facilitation skills, for customer service teammates and all levels of leaders.
- Experience and comfort addressing senior leaders.
- Experience leading teams, preferably global, virtual.
- Experience working with outsource partners preferred.
- Experience designing, developing, or delivering leadership development topics preferred. Link coach and leadership development.
- Strong influencing, networking, and partner leadership skills with the ability to quickly build relationships of trust, establish credibility, have a proactive point of view, and influence business leaders.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and project management capabilities.
- Tackles new opportunities and challenges with an action-orientation, sense of urgency, high energy and passion.
- Highly skilled as a people leader, with a focus on coaching and developing your own team.
- Manage within ambiguity and in a constantly evolving environment.
- Strong analytical mentality and proactive problem solver, able troubleshooter adept at analyzing information, extracting and communicating insights, diagnosing problems and recommending appropriate solutions to People partners and business leaders.
- Ability to travel globally a few times a year
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced studies in HR, coaching, learning, or change management preferred.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: