Commercial CounselDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0039285 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and flawless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and redefining.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
eBay’s innovative Legal Department is looking for an attorney to be a key member of our commercial team in Salt Lake City, Utah. The commercial attorney is responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of expense and revenue transactions. This position will provide legal counseling and work directly with the business units to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
Ideal experience will include
- Proven experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating expense and revenue contracts with third parties including international partners and suppliers
- Expert grasp of contracting concepts and outstanding legal and analytical skills
- Provide advice and support in a wide range of areas including, but not limited to; software, IT, promotions, SaaS, marketing, procurement, and intellectual property matters
- Identify, prioritize, analyze and resolve a wide variety of legal issues quickly and effectively
- Mitigate privacy and information security risks when sharing data
- Be a strategic liaison and build a strong working relationship with various business units
- Have strong communication and presentation skills
- Perform special projects/initiatives and other duties as may be assigned
- JD with active license to practice law
- Should have 5+ years of relevant technology transactions experience in reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of contracts
- Additional in-house experience with general knowledge of business practices at large national or international company preferred
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced culture; have a practical, solutions-oriented focus
- Capable of working with minimal direction
- identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive sophisticated commercial and technology transactions
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Value the importance of teamwork and work collaboration
- Able to see the big picture.
- Think strategically about how to scale the department and implement operational efficiencies to improve our ways of working
- Strong judgment and project leadership skills who are always thinking about better ways of doing things
- Possess and demonstrate shared leadership values and competencies – courageous, driven, inventive, team player, coach, and communicator
- Some travel required
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: