CS Incident Response EngineerDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0037780
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX), Global Trust, and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
- Proactive monitoring of Customer Service Applications & eBay & Site
- Proactively identifying major incidents from support tickets
- Handle critical escalations that come into the Command Center including hands on troubleshooting
- Work with global Product Development Teams and Site Operations to resolve P1 issues.
- Communication of high impact / mission critical issues to Teammate & Executive Communications
- Keep up-to-date on Architecture and application engineering to support effectively
- Represent and be the 'voice' of Global Customer Experience on major incident calls and P1 crisis calls
- Perform Turnovers to next shift to ensure continuity
- Drive quick restore on bridge engaging technical teams
- Contribute to playbooks, drive enforcement
- Follow Up on RCA/Restore Actions/Actions to Prevent as Needed
- Coordinate the activities of and provides leadership to others, particularly Command Center staff, Site Reliability Engineering, and Release Management as well as cross functional teams.
- Understand the impact various systems have on the business.
- Provides guidance to others around impact.
- Perform primary impact analysis
- Provide Coverage as part of a 24/7 global team
- Must be located in Salt Lake City Area
- Swing shift with weekend work required on a rotational basis
- Application Monitoring experience within a NOC environment is a required
- Strong Technical background and experience in application/Software Monitoring, System Administration (Linux) and API integration is required.
- Experience working in a large scale Customer Service Technology environment a plus
- Ability to form strong working relationships
- Strong conflict management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a global support mSelf starter - able to work using own initiative with minimal supervision to meet core objectives
- Good technical capability for understanding numerous complex software integrations across applications platform in order to facilitate quick resolutions
- BSEE, CS or other relevant technical degree required.
- 2+ years experience working as a NOC engineer / incident management role
- 2-4 years experience with system operations or support including Windows, Telecom, Desktop Technologies (Siebel, DotNet) Packaged solutions (Nice, Aspect, Kronos) Networking and Firewall, Citrix
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: