Director, Global Asset ProtectionDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0037713
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
We work closely with local, state, federal and international Law Enforcement Agencies as well as retailers, financial institutions and industry peers to protect our marketplace from illegal activity. We are the primary contact for Law Enforcement regarding criminal investigations and a liaison for the legal community to assist in all compliance aspects of criminal investigations regarding our services. This includes compliance with subpoenas, court orders and related compulsory requests as well as certification of official company records and providing testimony in court proceedings.
eBay is looking for a Head of Global Asset Protection. This role will lead a global team of investigators to execute our value proposition. Candidates should be passionate about the eBay customer, and efficient self-starter with an ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, rapidly-changing environment. The position is full-time and located in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Lead global team responsible for in-bound law enforcement and regulatory requests and affirmative law enforcement referrals.
- Lead and oversee key global relationships, including with law enforcement and regulators, retailers, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple internal partners (Legal, Government Relations, Payments and Business Units) and external partners to quickly investigate and remediate suspected misuse of the eBay platform and eBay brand.
- Pursue criminal restitution and civil recoveries from bad actors who misuse or attempt to misuse the eBay platform.
- Lead, manage and develop global team of investigators.
Successful Candidates Will Have the Following Qualities:
- Deep understanding of eBay and the e-commerce industry more broadly
- Strong written and oral presentation and advocacy skills
- Ability to “see around corners” and anticipate trends, risks, etc.
- Ability to leverage technology tools to solve complex problems
- Consummate teammate and ambassador for the team and the Legal/GR department across the organization and externally
- Ability to handle multiple complex matters simultaneously and to “connect the dots” between internal and external data to protect the eBay marketplace and our customers.
- Excellent judgment and strong “business first” instincts
- Good sense of humor
- BA/BS, J.D. and 10+ years practice experience.
- Strong preference for prior in-house and/or prosecutorial/criminal defense work
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel included and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: