eBay Senior Manager Service DesignDraper, Utah
Austin, Texas Requisition Number R0036899
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX) and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
eBay is looking for a Senior Manager of Service Design and Strategy, reporting into the Director of Risk & Payments, Service Design. This role will lead a global team of service design managers and specialists to execute against team strategy and eBay marketplace initiatives, driving process and experience improvements for our customers and teammates. This person should be passionate about the customer, an efficient self-starter with an ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. This position is full-time and located in our Salt Lake City (UT) or Austin (TX) office.
- Own, drive and lead a holistic view of customer experience, customer journey and impact, offerings, channels supporting the team's strategy
- Own and execute a defined strategy and portfolio of initiatives.
- Influence stakeholders across all aspects of the business that touch or influence the customer experience to align to the defined strategy.
- Own and run the business projects and low complex marketplaces global initiatives working closely with the BU, Product and cross-functional GCX teams, ensuring all communication to teammates is clear and comprehensive so teammates and leaders are ready for the change.
- Contributes and generates new ideas to support the overall business objectives.
- Develop and foster a skill on the team to translate business requirements into technical solutions through partnership with GCX and Marketplace Product/Engineering teams
- Partner very closely with the Global Service Delivery Leaders to ensure that all the operational aspects of our service design are considered and implemented successfully.
- Develop and enable a formal innovation process to gather, process, prioritize, and incorporate innovative ideas around methods, processes, and policies.
- Be focused on outcomes ensuring that you embed, execute and finish well.
- Keep an active lookout for risks, potential gains and issues to anticipate advancements and opportunities to advance the service goals.
- At least 5+ years’ experience leading customer service teams.
- Experience in contact center management is a strong advantage
- Strong leadership with experience managing remote global teams
- A successful track record in leading projects in a matrix environment and through influence rather than hard-line reporting.
- Success leading a strategic service design function in a customer service environment
- Proven experience applying systems thinking to design problems and working in a highly technical domain.
- Strong data analysis skills, able to apply a variety of analytical tools and approaches to solve different types of problems
- Demonstrates understanding and creativity in the use of technology to enable business improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively including written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in and understanding of e-commerce business models preferred
- Collaborative facilitator, who develops relationships and dedication with his/her colleagues across all business functions and levels.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: