Ethics & Compliance Counsel/ManagerDraper, Utah
Austin, Texas Requisition Number R0036767 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
eBay is seeking an Ethics & Compliance Counsel/Manager to join our team. This position can be based in Austin Texas or Salt Lake City, UT. The Counsel/Manager will report to the Director, Ethics Counsel and help implement, monitor, and enhance our ethics and global anti-corruption compliance program. This program is part of eBay’s Compliance team within the Legal organization. We’re looking for an experienced professional who is flexible and self-starting to assume a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Managing our global investigations program including reviewing reports made to eBay’s Integrity Helpline and, in collaboration with management, conducting investigations of reported misconduct, including extracting and analyzing data, developing investigation plans, collaborating with partners including Legal, People, and Security, and interviewing witnesses and subjects as needed
- Maintaining records of investigations case files
- Developing and improving policies, procedures and operating guidelines around eBay’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensuring the systems we used to run the programs are current, effective and maintained
- Supporting the Business Ethics Officers (BEO) program by maintaining the BEO disclosure platform and providing support to BEOs as needed
- Running the annual ethics survey process, including revisions to the questions as needed and analysis of results for senior leadership
- Supporting the team’s efforts in ensuring compliance across eBay with our Anti-Corruption Standard and applicable anti-corruption laws and regulations, including conducting due diligence on higher risk third parties and transaction monitoring
- Managing the new hire compliance training and workplace harassment training processes
- Managing the ethics & compliance communications plan and otherwise promoting a “speak up” culture within the employee population
- Monitoring systems managed by partner teams and coordinating with those teams on Code of Business Conduct & Ethics-related issues identified, including recommended remediation.
- Building periodic reports on compliance program data for Board reporting
- 5+ years of ethics/corporate compliance experience or experience in an oversight function such as Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk, Audit, or Investigations
- Experience working on confidential investigations into compliance matters
- Ability to provide risk-based advice, drive operational efficiency, and manage and think globally
- Strong process and problem-solving skills, including prioritization of matters, proactive identification of issues and risks, and implementation of mitigation plans
- Ability to manage, pull, prioritize and report on data in a clean, crisp manner to serve multiple audiences.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively; proficiency in English is required
- Passion for eBay and a user of its products
- Fun to be around in challenging situations with an amazing sense of humor
- Experience working in a global organization across time zones and across cultures
- Experience and expertise with MS Office, G Suite, and Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree; Juris Doctor preferred
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: