Manager, Trust StrategyDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0037712
At eBay, come be a part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating a dynamic and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you are an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness. You will create the future of global e-commerce and make an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you're searching for a special place to take your career to the next level, let's talk.
Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Risk Management Strategy, Policy, Decision Sciences, and Policy Operations.
We are looking for a highly talented and self-motivated individual to join our Trust and Risk Strategy team. The principal responsibility of this role is to develop and refine strategic frameworks, and aligned execution in the areas of Marketplace Policy, Buyer and Seller Standards, and post-transaction resolution.
Success in this role requires the capacity to connect decisions to broader business strategies, influence effectively, agility to pivot and adapt to meet the needs of our dynamic marketplace, and build customer experiences that are simple and instill trust.
You will be responsible for aligning a strategic framework for the portfolio of Trust initiatives – aligning product, policy, and process across customer experience and operational workflows.
Use data driven insights to size opportunity, measure performance and to determine what is working and what is not working.
You will collaborate with all key partners regionally and globally to gain consensus and align on any impacts to their area of domain.
Represent Risk Strategy in initiatives that are led by other organizations by enabling the business to extend new services to our customers while ensuring the appropriate protections are built for continued account safety and maintaining a trusted marketplace.
What We Need:
- Deep understanding of Trust / Safety / Risk, especially in a Marketplace construct.
- Knowledge of analytical tools and use of data to validate strategies or hypotheses. Understand, improve processes, and methodologies to drive solutions.
- Ability to navigate cross functional matrixed organizational structure to meet individual and shared goals.
- Evidence of identification and resolution through the decomposition of complicated problems into essential elements.
- Exercise independent judgment to overcome obstacles and issues.
- Previous experience with vendor solutions and advanced concepts to take on complex technical challenges in creative and effective ways.
- Demonstrates excellent consensus building written, verbal and presentation skills with senior leaders of the organization.
- Observable peer collaboration across the organization on inclusion, ideation and innovation.
- Optimistic and “can-do” attitude with a penchant to challenge the status quo to "get it done".
- A history illustrating measured risks taken that break down barriers and promotes new and creative ways to most expertly meet goals.
- Passion exudes throughout your past experience.
- BS/BA degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or related field
- 5 plus years experience, preferably in ecommerce, in the areas of policy, program management and/or strategy development
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. Ebay wants to ensure that as an employee, no matter who you are, or where you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: