Payroll SupervisorDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0038996 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
The Payroll Supervisor will be responsible for supporting the team of payroll processors and ensuring timely and accurate postings for all payroll related activities for the North American Shared Service group. This will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for payroll accuracy and timeliness,
- Ensure 100% compliance with existing internal controls,
- Responsibility for ensuring that all payroll processing related controls and narratives are kept up to date and accurately represent current best practices,
- Ensuring that the processors have the technical support and training needed to perform their duties,
- Responsible for regular metrics reporting, tax compliance and business registrations
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions
- Support Salesforce case management system
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Perform periodic earnings and deduction audits,
- Support the team during year-end payroll close and W-2 processing,
- Perform quarterly stock option inter-company audits and reconciliations,
- Responsible for first level escalations, including inquiry resolution and follow up, and
- Assist the team in identifying areas where enhancements can be made to streamline existing workflows
A successful Payroll Supervisor will be able to independently handle the day-to-day payroll processing requirements while working with senior management to help drive process improvements.
Candidates for this position must have 8 plus years of experience processing payroll for large public employers, in a supervisor or manager role. Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Good management skills
- Ability to provide world-class customer service,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills,
- Ability to deliver top-flight work in a fast-growth environment,
- Working knowledge of payroll software platforms, including ADP Vantage, eTime and Kronos
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience managing projects and maintaining process documentation
- Extensive regulatory payroll knowledge
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: