Risk Emerging Threats AnalystDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0039581 Subsidiary eBay
Risk Emerging Threats Analyst
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
The Emerging Threats Team supports the Marketplace Risk and Trust team. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every day. The scope of the Marketplace Risk and Trust team includes the Emerging Threats & Account Risk team which includes a focus on ATO, collusion, account linking and monitoring for emerging fraud trends. Additional functions include Buyer and Seller Risk Management, Buyer Protection & Resolutions Programs, Seller Protections & Standards, Prohibited, Restricted & Counterfeit Items, and Decision Management which develops and manages our models, rules and policy implementation.
You will be part of a global team of Incident Managers and Analysts located in our Salt Lake City, Shanghai and Dublin offices with a direct manager, peers and business partners based in Salt Lake. Incidents may be global with wide ranging impact, they may be isolated to an regional market or a specific product or feature. Part of working on a global team is finding the balance between operating globally and independently, thriving in ambiguity and being self-driven to bring value – these are needed skills for this role.This team provides 24x7 monitoring of Risk metrics and requires rotating weekend and holiday coverage.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The Emerging Threats team is responsible for the monitoring, alerting and Incident response process for all Risk metrics and workflows and acts as the single point of contact for risk escalations.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for monitoring, identification, root cause analysis, mitigation and triaging of new and ongoing risk incidents on a daily basis with the mission to restore normal operation.
- Provide real time visibility into Risk checkpoints and controls, conduct in depth analysis of risk events and emerging threats that arise.
- Develop queries to extract data for incident investigation and perform exploratory data analysis to identify emerging threats.
- Partner across teams and regions within eBay to coordinate incident response, share insights and drive swift resolutions to incidents.
- Maintain centralized incident tracking, summarizing and reporting of all incidents.
The ideal candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and possess analytics experience and knowledge of risk trends, systems and operational processes. Have an Understanding eBay’s global and regional markets, brands and businesses. Must demonstrate the ability to quickly and accurately gauge impact, classify issues and identify root cause. The candidate should possess excellent written/verbal communication skills, be well organized, and possess strong technical and analytical skills. This candidate should be able to balance multiple projects at the same time and handle various tasks and challenging demands in a fact paced technology environment.
Other Qualifications include:
- Analytics experience in Risk or Tech Industries
- Proficiency in data retrieval (e.g. SQL) and handling (e.g. Python)
- Experience developing data visualizations (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with large datasets, recognizing and interpreting data trends, and using data to influence business decisions
- Experience working with groups remotely and multiple cultures
- Ability to break down complex problems and business questions and effectively communicate actionable insights to diverse audiences
- Fluent in English
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: