Sr. CS Incident Response EngineerDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0039365 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be involved in a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for serving small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX), Global Trust, and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
Incident Analysts own the end-to-end process of monitoring, triaging, troubleshooting, recovery, and root cause analysis of system issues and bugs experienced by customer facing Teammates and Customers across Site and teammate Tools. Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing solutions to the issues. Collaborating with CPT, OCIO, and Site Ops teams to identify processes, procedures, and technical changes to address instability and/or limit re occurrence of major incidents. Develop monitoring, processes, and procedures to proactively identify potential incidents to reduce impact to customers and teammates through sophisticated and accelerated remediation efforts. Lead major incident calls, identify key members to activate for resolution during such incidents. Evaluate/report on overall impact of issues and outstanding bugs impacting Teammates and Customers to senior leaders. Serve to represent post launch and production support needs for key projects during design/development/release stages. May provide consultation to users in the area of systems. May lead multi-functional linked teams to address business or system issues.
- Monitoring within a NOC environment
- Identification of trends or issues and initiating Sev calls to facilitate resolution of issues
- Active participation in Sev calls to interact with impacted teammates and provide additional information to technical resources
- Alert and advise impacted teams on a regular interval
- Perform primary impact analysis
- Initial troubleshooting and proactive resolution
- Service provider engagement during incidents
- L1 Helpdesk duties, which include reviewing and advancing teammate submissions of issues and bugs
- Coverage as part of a 24/7 global team
- Must be located in Salt Lake City
- Swing shift with weekend work required
- Ability to form strong working relationships
- Strong conflict management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a global support mSelf starter - able to work using own initiative with minimal supervision to meet core objectives
- Good technical capability for understanding numerous complex software integrations across applications platform in order to facilitate quick resolutions
- BSEE, CS or other relevant technical degree required.
- 2+ years experience working within a help desk/incident management role
- 2-4 years experience with system operations or support including Windows, Telecom, Desktop Technologies (Siebel, DotNet) Packaged solutions (Nice, Aspect, Kronos) Networking and Firewall, Citrix
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: