Sr. Manager Risk InvestigationDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0033012
Sr. Manager, Risk Investigations
Ebay is looking for a highly motivated and talented Sr. Manager to join the Ebay’s Risk Investigations Team. As a Sr. Manager of Risk Investigations, you will lead a team of qualitative analysts to gather, reconcile and distill complex and sometimes conflicting data into powerful yet simple stories and visualizations for distribution to internal and external audiences.
Members of the Risk Investigation Team are selected for their deep domain expertise and diverse talents which allows them to gather and work with data from disparate sources and see the world from multiple perspectives. A successful member of the team should be able to shift perspectives between that of an honest seller and buyer on Ebay to that of a member of a cross-border crime syndicate. You will lead a team of qualitative analysts that are able to do ground-up analysis, challenging existing assumptions and thought patterns to create positive organizational change.
If you are passionate about ground-up research, leading and developing a team, telling a story through data, and collaborating with multi-functional teams of people with diverse backgrounds, this is a superb opportunity for you!
In this role, you will
- Develop and manage a high performing team of qualitative analysts
- Develop or adapt sound investigation approaches that will mitigate bias and provide decision support to Risk Operations, Risk Policy, Risk Product and Risk Management
- Develop or adapt sound collaborative approaches for bringing ad-hoc teams of experts together to support an investigation (i.e. swat or tiger teams)
- Collaborate and connect with various leaders across Ebay develop a network of Ebay experts
- ·Collaborate with leadership team and peers to identify promising areas of investigation
- ·Develop research proposals and get approval from executive sponsor
- ·Track the progress of research projects across your team and clear roadblocks
- ·Support communication to stakeholders and document impact
- ·Be on the lookout for quick wins and disseminate ancillary insights of from investigations to operational and business rules teams to drive tactical changes
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant domain expertise
- 5+ years of leadership/management experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: