Work From Home Senior Customer Service Expert - eBay Payments AgentDraper, Utah
Cedar City, Utah
Saint George, Utah Requisition Number R0042149 Subsidiary eBay
*Must Be Located in Utah*
A message about COVID-19:
COVID-19 is creating unprecedented circumstances. We’re monitoring the situation closely and our eBay community - our buyers, sellers and employees - remains our top priority. Due to the pandemic we are all working from home at this time. Once deemed safe, you can choose to work from home long term, or you can choose to work in our Draper, UT office.
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Payments teammates are responsible for reviewing Member’s and transactions which have either a potential regulatory or financial risk of exposure for eBay. As a teammate, you will review accounts, assist our Members with their Payments issues/questions as well as identify potentially risky and fraudulent activity. You will need to take appropriate action for eBay to ensure a safe and compliant trading platform for our community. There must be a passion for doing what is right for our Customers, and a determination to follow through to ensure a positive experience on eBay.
- Provides engaging and compassionate customer service in a dynamic call center environment focusing on making and receiving payments.
- Implements conflict management skills to de-escalate calls in a way that builds a positive customer experience.
- Maintains high-performance metrics including quality, adherence, and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively utilizes written and verbal communication to serve the needs of eBay customers.
- Engages in development sessions with Team Leaders and Coaches.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Enthusiastic problem solver: You quickly understand complex customer issues through research, investigations, and appropriate questions.
- Confident Decision Maker: You possess strong judgment and have the ability to balance the needs of both the customer and the business.
- A Quick Learner: Ability to quickly learn new tools, processes and policy to support customers in navigating eCommerce marketplace and building their businesses.
- Strong Communicator: You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You connect quickly with customers and speak to complex issues in a simple clear way that builds trust.
- Customer-centric. You enjoy working closely with customers and helping them navigate challenging situations. You take pride in providing a great experience to all customers.
- A Team Player. You thrive working in a team environment.
- 3+ years of call center or customer service related experience.
- Real passion for member concerns and problem-solving.
- Conflict management and creative thinking skills.
- Interest in skill-development and career growth.
- A calm and confident demeanor in uncertain circumstances.
- The ability to meet strict attendance guidelines and thrive in a scheduled/Structured environment.
- Experience with payments and/or fraud and risk is a plus!
Work from Utah Based Home Requirements:
- Have a secure workspace, in a room or office with a door that closes it off from noises and distractions such as pets, children and other adults.
- Wired Internet connection, capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rates (wireless, DSL and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are not compatible with our systems).
- Internet service does need to have a consistent internet speed of 10 mbps download and 4 mbps upload.
- You must be located in Utah
- Highly competitive starting pay of $18.00/hr with 10-15% differentials for evening and weekend hours
- Yearly performance raises as well as performance based quarterly bonuses with a target of 6% and the opportunity to earn more
- Health, Vision and Dental Coverage starting on your first day
- 16+ Days of Paid Time Off + 11 paid holidays
- eBay Sabbatical- Every 5 years, receive 4 weeks off at 100% pay to refresh and recharge
- And much more at ebaybenefits.com
What is Next?
Thanks for taking the first step in starting your career with eBay, we look forward to reviewing your application. We have multiple steps in our process. If you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted via email and asked to complete an online skills assessment.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.