Category Lead Electronics (m/f/d)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0040587 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay.
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets.
We are currently recruiting for our Verticals team in Berlin/Dreilinden a
Category Lead Consumer Electronics & Telecom (m/f/d)
The Senior Category Manager will lead consumer electronics (TV, audio) and telecom (smartphones, accessories) categories within the electronics and home appliances vertical team. The role will lead and develop the consumer electronics & telecom categories, including strategy definition, operational cadences (insights, reporting, trading), relationship with allocated brands and retailers.
The Senior Category Manager will also lead a small team of account managers and merchandisers, as well as the leadership of wider, cross functional teams for category related projects. Finally, the role may also include leading cross-category business development projects.
- Provide an ongoing inventory- / category management including coordination, delivery of category insights as well as sourcing and marketing of inventory
- Analysis of inventory insights, product trends, market data, industry dynamics, customer shopping trends and the competitive landscape to assess growth opportunities and product improvements
- Manage business performance based on defined KPIs
- Build and strengthen relationships with assigned sellers to identify and implement scaling opportunities and resolve all operational issues through liaison with the customer support team
- Manage horizontal seller growth initiatives for the electronics team (promo requests, seller engagement initiatives)
- Identify and source relevant and market leading inventory to support execution of strategy
- Lead cross-organisational collaboration with other teams (marketing, customer service, deals and others) in conceptualizing, planning as well as executing campaigns
- Deep understanding of online retailing standard methodologies and experience employing tactics to gain market share and grow top line sales
- 8+ years of merchandising experience in retail or consumer products industry. Experience should include buying, planning, product line structure and pricing.
- Strong people management skills, confident in providing coaching and leadership
- Ability to articulate vision and purpose for the initiatives as it relates to long-term goals and objectives.
- Proven experience of outstanding sales/budget performance within a B2C environment
- Experience working with retailers and/or brands in a category management or buyer capacity. Track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands to drive and a joint focus on commercial outcomes
- Strong analytical skills and business insight in a complex data environment
- Proficient in German & English required
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: