Intern (f/m/d) Analytics & InsightsDreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0038923 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to its diverse set of users since its founding more than 20 years ago. Are you driven, passionate, and full of ideas to help businesses succeed and shape the future of eBay? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
For our team in Dreilinden in Berlin, we are looking for:
Analytics & Insights Intern, Commerce Innovations
- 6 month internship -
You will be part of the eBay team working on conceptualizing, developing, and scaling eBay’s innovations in Germany. We work entrepreneurially and quickly to develop products and dynamically execute on our go-to-market strategy to test, learn, and iterate. This opportunity to work for a venture builder organisation, with a startup mentality and nestled within one of the greatest e-commerce companies in the world, is truly one-of-a-kind!
In this role, you will use your analytical and insights-driven acumen to enable innovations projects to iterate and optimize their performance at a rapid pace. You will report to the Platform Insights Lead of Commerce Innovations.
We are looking for an intern who is motivated, entrepreneurial, hands-on, analytical, organized, and not afraid to work hard to achieve something great. This person needs to have a focus on customer needs, communicate and present clearly, and adeptly structure the approach to problems. Having deep experience with data and visualization, knowledge of the e-commerce business, and being a self-starter are invaluable traits to being a successful candidate.
- Assist the team in solving a variety of analytical problems, and delivering concise results to leaders across the team
- Identify key business problems and opportunities by querying and analysing a wide variety of data
- Translate raw data into actionable insights and recommendations for various innovation projects/initiatives
- Create and maintain dashboards using data visualization tools
- Automate weekly/monthly business performance reports
- Conduct in-depth analyses related to new products and businesses
- Collaborate in several large-scale projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree (complete or in progress) in a quantitative field; graduate degree or analytical work experience a plus
- Proven ability in clearly defining a problem, collating the required information, analysing the results, and presenting findings
- Advanced technical or financial modelling skills in Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Hadoop (R, Python, etc. a plus)
- Strong data visualization/reporting skills (using Tableau or other tools)
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities, both written and oral
- Get-stuff-done, entrepreneurial drive
- Quick learner, able to pick up new information swiftly
- Hard worker and committed team focused player who shares in our vision
- Ability to balance multiple projects as well as structure problems and solutions and present them effectively to leadership
- Fluency in English is a requirement, multiple language capabilities is a plus
What we offer:
- A versatile internship in a dynamic and rapidly growing team, anchored in the global eBay organization
- Strong placement opportunities after the internship within the team and across eBay
- An international environment with attractive career and professional development opportunities
- Great campus facilities with fitness center, table soccer, beach volleyball, basketball, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
- A fun team, passion for what we do and how we do it, and a good sense of humor
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. Find out more at
We are looking forward to your online application including your CV, cover letter and earliest possible start date via www.ebaycareers.com.For initial questions please contact Mrs Nele Reiners at email@example.com.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: