(Jr.) Legal Counsel eCommerce (d/f/m)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0041546 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
ebay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with a collection of brands that span the Globe.
Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Our unique brands – BilBasen, DBA, 2dehands/2ememain, ebay Kleinanzeigen, Gumtree, Kijiji, Marktplaats.nl, mobile.de, Motors.co.uk, and Vivanuncios – offer online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
Come join a creative team of lawyers dedicated to drive the business – Moving Mobility and Sustainability!
As of now, the eBay Classifieds Group is looking for a driven and results-oriented (Junior) Lawyer (d/f/m). The position will be offered on a 18months fixed-term contract.
As a part of the international eBay Classifieds Legal Team you will be seated with the German Legal Team in Dreilinden/Berlin, supporting the mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen business on location. Contribute to the success of Germany’s # 1 classifieds platform and vehicles platform by providing legal advice!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Serving as a trusted advisor and providing responsive legal advice to support the company's objectives
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of contracts and legal documents
- Supporting daily business operations
- Carrying out product reviews on web and mobile sites/apps
- Get involved in projects at an early stage to assess legal risks and coordinate functional partners, including Tax, Privacy, Information Security, Litigation, IP etc.
- Support the development and implementing standards and processes to promote the efficiency of legal operations
- Adopting preventive measures to avoid legal contingencies and disputes in all areas of law
Your Skill Profile:
- Qualified to practice law in Germany (Volljurist/in) with excellent academics
- Create and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Passion for problem solving and inspiring change by using innovative solutions
- Economic mind-set and strong business understanding with an ability to learn rather than focus in a specific area of law
- Be an outstanding colleague with excellent people skills and partner management
- A willingness to challenge existing approaches and ability to drive positive culture changes
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written German and English
- Proven interest in the e-commerce industry and working experience in a multinational company or law firm is an advantage
- Competitive compensation
- An international working environment with flat hierarchies
- Seeking for a mentor and looking for training to improve your skills? Let’s talk about personal and professional development!
- A lived work-life balance with flexible working hours including working from home options. In times of Corona, our teams have established a great work-from-home culture.
- Good working environment including different team building events
- An excellent campus in Dreilinden closed to Berlin Wannsee with on-site gym (including trainers and courses), basketball and volleyball court, table soccer and ping pong, free snacks & drinks, and discounted lunch in our canteen and cafeteria or startup feeling in Berlin Friedrichshain.
- Part-time (80%) is also possible.
We love creating opportunities by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that the eBay Classifieds Group is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Show us who you are and how you can contribute to our great businesses and team!
Apply today – we are looking forward to it!
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.