Principal Private Cloud Engineer (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0035775 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe.
Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
eBay Classifieds Group is an equal opportunities company who value diversity.
We are expanding the team responsible for building and managing a large multi-region private cloud.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Cloud Engineers (f/m/d) who have a passion about cloud computing and making a difference.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Plan and execute major projects to improve the reliability and availability of our private infrastructure.
- Be able to deep dive into a range of technologies to find and implement pragmatic solutions.
- Play a key part in designing and defining the future vision for eCG on premise infrastructure.
- Partner with our stakeholders and vendors across the globe to ensure we maintain our high level of service.
You hold either a bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
You have 2+ years experience managing an OpenStack or similar private hosting environment.
You have 10+ years experience working with Linux/Unix.
You can write code in Python, GO or similar scripting language.
Strong stakeholder / vendor management skills.
You have a pragmatic approach to solving problems and are open to new ideas in an ever changing environment.
You are willing to provide on-call support as part of a paid rotation.
You have effective oral and written English communication skills.
Any experience with one or more of the following would be great: Software Defined Networking, Software Defined Storage, Load-balancing solutions, Nomad, Docker Containers, CI/CD
What we offer:
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- A secure place for professional and personal growth.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsites & team events.
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Ability to work self-organized and self-responsible
- Regular tech talks and tech hacks all over the world
- Family friendly company. Homeoffice possibilities.
- A great campus with fitness center (Yoga, Pilates, Cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, free fruits & vegetables, canteen and shuttle-service
Interested? We are looking forward to your online application at https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: