(Senior) Android Engineer (d/f/m)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0042787 Subsidiary mobile.de
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the business:
With 1.5 million vehicles, mobile.de is the largest online vehicle marketplace in Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most exciting product development organizations in eBay Germany. We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to create the best experience in the vehicle market.
We are currently looking for a skilled (Senior) Android Engineer (d/f/m) who is passionate about building valuable products to our customers! The role sits within the Product- and Tech- organization and directly partners with other specialists, UX, Frontend Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers.
We are a multi-functional team of driven people with an outstanding team spirit. We are passionate about data and technology to build awesome products – but we also have a good sense of fun and enjoy working together!
- Cooperate with a diverse team from Product, UX, Backend, Frontend, Data and Native to support building smart products for our Android app
- Be involved in researching and prototyping solutions to difficult problems
- Work in a data driven environment implementing A/B tests and working with analytical app data
- Partner with other Android developers to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing and design/code reviews
- Relevant professional experience in Android development and the Android platform
- You speak Kotlin as your mother tongue (language and APIs), experience working with Java
- You craft clean, well-maintainable code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Testing your code is your second nature and you have experience with testing frameworks like JUnit, Robolectric and Espresso
- You are hands-on with client/server architectures using HTTP, REST and JSON
- You believe in lean and agile development (Kanban / Scrum) in multi-functional teams and are convinced that responsibility for your work does not end with the deployment
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- An international working environment with flat hierarchies
- Seeking for a mentor and looking for training to improve your skills? Let’s talk about personal and professional development!
- A lived work-life balance with flexible working hours including working from home options. In times of Corona, our teams have established a great work-from-home culture.
- Good working environment including different team building events
- An excellent campus in Dreilinden closed to Berlin Wannsee with on-site gym (including trainers and courses), basketball and volleyball court, table soccer and ping pong, free snacks & drinks, and discounted lunch in our canteen and cafeteria or Startup feeling in Berlin Friedrichshain.
- Part-time (80%) is also possible.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel mobile.de is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself