Fullstack Developer (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0029771 Subsidiary eBay Kleinanzeigen
We are one of the most-visited sites in Germany and are still growing at an amazing speed. On our platform we have around 30 million items for sale and with more than 30 million unique users per month we reach ~50% of the German internet population. Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices creating ~40.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times. Our core tech-stack is based on Java/Spring and MySQL/Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Kafka. We aim for a high velocity on rollouts, which implies automation, early integration and continuous process improvement. Right now we are moving towards a decoupled and flexible architecture. Our target infrastructure is built around Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes. Frequent exploration streams in combination with tech radars for Backend and Frontend allow us to evaluate and use new evolving technologies.
To increase our highly skilled and motivated team we are hiring a Fullstack Developer (f/m/d).
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Create the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean way
· Improve our applications and APIs to become better each day
· Ensure code quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
· Drive your own ideas for code and process improvement and achieve the next level together with the team, be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA and deployment
Your Skill Profile:
· Passion for clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
· Knowledge around HTML 5/CSS 3 and relevant frameworks
· Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
· Believer in team work and a DevOps mindset
· First experience with Continuous Delivery, Jenkins, Git and Maven
· Experience in manual testing and test automation (e.g. JUnit, Selenium, REST-assured)
· Exposure to one or more storage technologies (SQL, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Solr)
· A family friendly company
· Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
· High team autonomy and agile environment
· Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team
· The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA, and globally
· International career opportunities throughout eBay
· Competitive salary, home office possibilities and great benefits, e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC - you name it
· Homemade waffles, free fruit, vegetables and sweets
· A great campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: