Senior Manager Automotive StrategyDreilinden, Germany
Berlin, Germany Requisition Number R0031838 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
TheeBay Classifieds Group (eCG)is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. In Germany, we have two of our leading brands:
mobile.deis the most popular market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigenis the most visited general classifieds proposition in Germany, with around 50% reach within the German internet population.
The newly foundedeBay Classifieds Motors teamoperates worldwide from our offices in Amsterdam and Berlin. As part of the product development team in eitherBerlin FriedrichshainorDreilinden near Potsdam(your choice!), you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a:
Senior Manager Automotive Strategy
As a Senior Manager Automotive Strategy in the eBay Classifieds Motors team, you will be part of a multi-functional team building platforms, experiences and tools that enable our users and enrich our motors marketplaces across the globe. You will sync with your fellow teammates within the team and colleagues worldwide on features and newest developments.
You will be on the frontlines of formulating strategy and generating revenue for eBay global Motors organization, focusing primarily on online. You will help identify, develop and implement business improvement and new growth initiatives. Projects may include revenue forecasting, leading deal negotiations, investigating M&A opportunities, implementation and tracking of new revenue opportunities, conducting financial analysis, preparing management presentations, marketing planning, and research and data-gathering.
- Lead and coordinate strategic projects for our global eBay Classifieds Motors organization with teams consisting of colleagues throughout the broader organization
- Lead and execute strategic analysis and business cases, presenting recommendations to senior leaders
- Support the leadership team with strategy reviews and implementation, project management, internal operating reviews and ad-hoc analysis
- Actively monitor & assess competitive and market trends, investigate M&A opportunities
- Work with internal groups to create innovative strategies that help us to establish new sustainable business models our Motors business
- Build and manage relationships with key partners globally, including Motors & strategy leads
- 5+ years’ post-MBA/M.Sc./M.A. experience, ideally in a first-tier strategy consulting firm with a focus on Technology, Media or Telecoms. Knowledge of the automotive industry and classifieds business is a plus.
- You are pragmatic and creative in solving issues, and get energy from inspiring change in the business
- You have excellent business modelling skills, experience with valuation modelling, methodologies and due diligence is a plus. You have excellent presentation skills
- You have worked internationally and have experience with working, and influencing across geographies and managing global projects
- Experience with strategy implementation and/or M&A integration preferred
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, market research and competitor analysis
- You are proficient in English, an excellent communicator and networker as well as experienced working across different cultures
This is an outstanding opportunity for top performers seeking a high-impact, high visibility position and the ability to influence the future course of Global eCG Motors division.
Shift/Travel Details: Travel of ~30% of the time
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for businessand personal use, etc. Home office possibilities and a great campus with free fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: