Senior Strategy AssociateDreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0032071 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are responsible for setting the future direction of eBay: our ambition, where we play, and how we win in the market. Our team is responsible for deeply understanding the needs of our core buyers and sellers and creating the strategies that will differentiate eBay relative to our competitors. We work very closely with product, technology, and regional business teams to ensure the strategy is translated into action across the end-to-end customer experience.
Members of the Global Strategy team split time between global initiatives, regional priorities, and local assignments.
The strategy team has an excellent track record of nurturing, developing and promoting its members into roles beyond that which they were hired to undertake. You have the potential and drive to undertake operational, commercial or wider leadership positions within the firm, something which can happen within a reasonably short time frame.
The Strategy Team is currently looking to enhance the function by bringing in a Senior Strategy Associate, based in Germany.
You are a creative thinker and project leader with high levels of intellectual curiosity. S/he will work with key partners from all functions across the organization to design strategies and drive structured and data-based recommendations to action. Within this role, you will have the ability to influence key elements of eBay’s strategy and help shape the future direction of eBay.
Strategy Associates are tasked with independently leading complex, critical tasks in close partnership with cross functional teams. S/he is expected to be able to think strategically, navigate a matrix organization, as well as building trust-based relationships with business leads.
The Strategy Associate position provides a unique level of exposure and responsibility if you are looking to move into a corporate role that provides future opportunities for rapid advancement across the eBay organisation.
- Strategy development and execution: Run complex, critical projects in close partnership with cross-functional teams end to end. Drive problem-solving, scoping, business case analysis and recommendation development
- Relationship Building: Develop strong working relationships with key decision makers and functional groups across eBay. Become an extended member of regional operating teams to gain a deep understanding of the business
- Communication: Present strategies and insights to the German and global leadership teams (Sr Director and VP level)
- Market & Competitive Intelligence: Develop strong subject matter expertise and share with leadership teams strategic implications for eBay Marketplaces
- Senior presence, superior communication and influencing skills – able to handle a diverse set of partners and become a ‘go-to’ thought partner for senior management.
- Extensive project leadership skills with a strong track record of results delivery
- World-class strategic and analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative)
- Desire to drive real change to the way we do business and create customer value, and persistence to see the impact delivered in spite of various obstacles and setbacks
- Passion for e-commerce and technology
- Strong and open personality, ability cooperating with senior business partners and challenge assumptions or opinions
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity
- Highly collaborative – be fun, outgoing, and easy to work with!
- Master’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years’ consulting experience with a tier 1 firm
- Good understanding of internet / ecommerce trends and passion for online & mobile business models
- International experience
- Self-starter & independent work style
- Flexibility to occasionally travel in Europe & the USA
- Fluent in English (verbal and written); good level of German is a plus
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: