Learning Management System AdministratorDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0039042 Subsidiary eBay
The LMS Administrator will support eBay’s drive for excellence by helping employees gain the skills they need for high performance, meet long-term career development goals, and ensure that eBay meets training-related regulatory and compliance requirements. As a member of the Learning & Performance Support organization, the LMS Administrator will function as the primary point of contact for the Global Customer Experience (GCX) learning community globally, using the LMS to create, manage, deliver and report on learning/training requirements. The LMS Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Learning Management System (LMS) including the definition and application of company policies and best practices, training LMS users according to their specific access levels, creating and publishing learning content as assigned, contributing to ongoing system improvements, coordinating resolution of system issues, generating reports, and assisting learners with troubleshooting issues in accessing and leveraging learning resources. They oversee the installation of all system updates and upgrades, as well as tools and software integrated with the LMS.
- General responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and best practices to be used by all resources including onsite, virtual work from home and outsource partner employees using the LMS to meet company priorities
- Ensure compliance with LMS and training course standards and policies
- Maintain content within the LMS by creating and uploading modules and courses, granting access and role-based user permissions, updating course content, and running reports
- Provide appropriate LMS training for the organization based on role and system access
- Drive change management and communication regarding LMS changes/updates
- Oversee course creation and implementation, learning path/assignment, and content update and maintenance processes
- Oversee the quality of courses housed in LMS including regular review/audit of course status, and coordination to eliminate duplicate, conflicting or redundant content
- Cultivate and maintain a good relationship with internal CS Tech support resources
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with our internal partners across the business
- Act as the primary point of contact for GCX in all LMS engagements at the corporate level
- Represent GCX’s business requirements and ensures those are met satisfactorily.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems.
- Maintain procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of systems/networks.
- Write and maintain technical procedures and policy documentation.
- Act as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives.
- Create and update resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for online and professional development.
- User Management:
- Create user logins as needed and assigns user permissions.
- Create and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manage course enrollment including progress tracking.
- Course Management:
- Publish and archive online or blended learning solutions, assigns training curricula, and adds and deletes resources.
- Work with the Instructional Design team to manage the course asset library.
- Populate course information and assigns learners.
- Develop and update standardized tools and reporting for ongoing access to learning information; generates standard and custom reports.
- Analyze reporting data and recommends strategic direction to leadership and others LPS, as appropriate.
- Create and manage the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the instructional designer.
- Manage tracking of course revisions and history.
- Build online assessments and evaluations in LMS for courses.
- May manage relationship with third party vendors.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to system functionality and software systems.
- Serve as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
- Review and monitor system performance.
- Works with the instructional designers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an LMS administrator or in similar position
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, and understanding of directory, file structures, and systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization as well as vendors
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly
- Customer service skills, responsive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Personal motivation to enable eBay’s success through our focus on employee development
- Strong attention to detail and ability to hold others accountable to follow policies and best practices
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve problems
- Coursework and/or certifications relating to learning management system administration preferred
- Social media or knowledge management experience
- Familiarity with course design and development
- Working knowledge of multiple web design technologies, such as HTML
- Experience with technical writing and/or document control tools and methods preferred
- Experience with SharePoint preferred
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: