Manager GCX TechOps Bugs & Tech IssuesDublin, Ireland Requisition Number R0040406
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and crafting opportunities through commerce and technology! Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
- Lead a global team and optimise Triage and escalation of all reported CS Applications and eBay Site Bugs & Tech issues to minimise impact on contact centres & customers
- Work with Global Product Development Teams and Site Operations to resolve open bugs.
- Drive Site Bugs Operational Efficiency for teammates driving less time filing bugs, visibility into open issues, integrated ticketing and close feedback loop.
- Communication of high impact/mission critical issues to leadership and GCX teams
- Optimised Bug Management process - Review Newly Opened bugs; Label/Update/Fix as Needed; Priority Check & updates; Duplicate/Quick Check; Add Data to Reporting Stuff/Productivity; Check to see if there are requests for info from the team; Update knowledgebase; Close - Accuracy Check, Roll date; Close the open alerts, BUGTK Threshold Alerts; Track trends/watch Enhancements/etc; Bug Syncs; Weekly Bug Report; Jira Dashboards management
- Manage & Train a highly effective international team
- Ensure turnovers to next shift to ensure continuity for bug resolution
- Set up playbooks & process for Knowledgebase Audits, Quality & knowledge creation within the team
- Drive automation for consistency & efficiency
- Regular sync ups with business partners Global Service Design & Partner management - Reviewing & Prioritising Current bugs/urgent topics; Discuss any Silent sufferings (issues that are happening but are not reported); Teammate Coaching; New Hire Training on technical Issues; Discuss any other GSD or WFO needs
- Reporting for internal & external metrics & key drivers
- Quality & Productivity Analysis of the team’s work – bugs handled, SLA, labels, accuracy, priority, workaround, Country, Jira, CSKB, make sure published for all needed markets, PBF/Status as appropriate
- Lead new Projects Intake to support optimal including team training
- Drive Effective support of the strategic multi-year Payments Initiative – including ramps and rollout to new sites.
- Demonstrates an outstanding customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
- The ideal candidate will have extensive customer service domain experience, technical background and ability to provide leadership to the team
- Background and experience in a Technical Operations leadership role
- Your background will include successful collaboration in cross-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve business goals.
- You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think innovatively and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- At least 5-7 years of experience in software development /quality engineering
- Experience with automation tools is a plus. Quality Assurance background is appreciated
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
- GitHub and JIRA experience
- Certification & Experience with ITIL
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: