Product Manager - Product CommunicationHong Kong SAR Requisition Number R0036648
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the eBay CBT PM team based in Hong Kong or Shenzhen. In this role, you would be an authority of eBay product, consult eBay standard methodology to all partners and responsible for developing outstanding cross border trade products solutions. This includes strategy refinement, collaborating with development teams to build the product features, working with legal to ensure compliance, and operationalizing with the related teams, marketing, and customer service. You will also work with 3rd party vendors to stitching the program together that will work best for sellers and buyers across the board. You should have the insight to see both the forest and the trees, you thrive under uncertainty, you follow up, you verify things and you deliver products which are high quality and ready to be used by millions of customers. You will collaborate with business units, 3rdparty vendors, eBay international organizations, sellers and buyers in different markets like US, UK, DE, AU to understand areas of opportunities that raise the bar for operating CBT while dramatically growing trust on the site. This is an exciting, yet hands-on position where you will be involved in business analysis, product design and customer experience discussions, working with partners, and much more. Proficient written and oral Mandarin, Cantonese & English is a requirement to have the skill to support cross-geo HK, TW, CN & SEA BU.
eBay global CBT product feature design and communication:
- own the communication with eBay global marketplaces (e.g. US, UK DE, AU) to align CBT product roadmap and design with local site experience
- Have the discussion with eBay US R&D PM & PD to provide CBT related function design and align development roadmap and plan
- Supporting CBT local internal partners like BU, CS, BD to provide eBay product standard methodology sharing and operation mentorship, including all CN, HK, TW, SEA
- Communication with CBT sellers & buyers to educate standard methodology
eBay local CBT product sketch and development:
- Lead the vision, strategy and product roadmap of CBT product
- Define, refine and implement BRD and PRD. Prioritize user and cross-functional needs with the detailed release schedule.
- Bring your deep knowledge of building UI based applications. Ensure the right level of detail in the design. Can articulate requirements to the development team. Need to understand cost/benefits and simple vs. complex, single vs. large scale change scenarios, etc. when building the solution.
- Own the program and project. Ensure dependencies are tracked and led accurately. Ensure overall program success. Communicate status. Lead issue resolutions.
- Maintain project and product documentation.
- Articulate and evangelize the solution at many levels.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with other departments and vendors in varying levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal English, Cantonese, Mandarin skill is required
- 5+ years of experience in Product/Program management – esp. in internet-based solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in developing complex UI based solutions for large scale, complex enterprise-level applications.
- Proven track record of successfully planning and leading large-scale project implementations from start to finish.
- Ability to function effectively in a multifaceted environment and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to influence and encourage an organization to achieve an unusual product vision.
- Excellent knowledge in a variety of technologies including JAVA,/J2EE, Web Services, Search, Storage, Database
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve frame-up and technical issues.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms and services
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: