Commercial Analytics ManagerLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0037028 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce across the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 84% of products on ebay.co.uk are new.
As a global brand our purpose is to build opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who seek to make the world a better place
We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Trading Team at eBay. Based in beautiful Richmond, the Inventory, Analytics and Strategy Manager, will be part a team focused on delivering world class experiences for our customers.
You will be passionate about inventory and getting the best range and value products in front of buyers at every opportunity. Highly data literate, bringing together deep business understanding with detailed analysis of shopping habits on the eBay site, you will engage with peers across the team and in other territories to help develop tools and techniques to make this analysis accessible to drive the business every day.
You will work closely with Merchant Development and Merchandising to optimise customer-facing activity.
- Provide the analysis and insights to deliver market leading inventory selection in line with core customer needs.
- Contribute to the building and improving of business process across the team to facilitate efficiencies.
- Work with category manager on growing selection, promotions, and optimum sourcing recommendations.
- Support business initiatives by assessing the opportunity, tracking and optimizing the performance
- Run multiple tasks through appropriate prioritization, plan and delegation
- Highly analytical, action and results oriented, self-starting, and comfortable with applying new concepts and tools
- 4-6 years of experience in an analytical field
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Have a bias to action, and ability to cut through complexity to deliver operational changes
- Customer focus & advocacy; real passion for customers & ability to link to day-to-day role
- Strong Trading mentality – desire to get things right for our customer, balancing short term outcomes and long term objectives
- Ability to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment; ability to influence
- University degree or equivalent, ideally in a technical or analytical discipline.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: