DevOps EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0041349 Subsidiary Gumtree
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
eBayClassifieds Group (eCG) is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Site Operations team in London.
We work on cool open source technologies and our infrastructure handles hundreds of millions of page views a day and serves millions of customers all over the world. We have a global presence in more than twenty countries and a thousand cities, offering online classifieds across twelve unique brands: 2dehands.be/2ememain.be, alaMaula, BilBasen, Close5, DBA, eBay Kleinanzeigen, Gumtree, Kijiji, LoQUo, Marktplaats.nl, mobile.de, and Vivanuncios. We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station.
The candidate we are looking for is a DevOps engineer with a passion for open source products and systems automation.
We are seeking expertise in several of the following key technologies:
Additionally, experience of some of these technologies is desirable:
- Elastic Search
- Dive deep into system and application performance and reliability issues; partner with software and systems engineers across the organization to produce and roll out fixes and improvements.
- Solve issues across the entire stack. Address problems relating to mission critical services and build automation and monitoring to help prevent problem recurrence.
- Engage in service demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Represent the team in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, including working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Strong experience with configuration management systems.
- Experience with key technologies as listed above.
- Experience with Java-based server applications.
- Able to prioritize tasks and work independently.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.