Head of Communications Gumtree UKLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0036625 Subsidiary Gumtree
Head of Communications
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less.
As Head of Communications, you will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of all communications strategies for Gumtree UK. You will work collaboratively with wider marketing, product, technology, global partners and manage agencies to deliver creative solutions to grow the brand.
You will report to the Global Director of Communications, eBay Classifieds Group (eCG), based out of Amsterdam, but will have direct links to the UK leadership, and regional Motors team. You will know how to build and maintain a strong internal network and are comfortable in a matrixed environment.
- Develop the annual communication strategy
- Develop and deliver innovative consumer marketing and communications campaigns and activities to meet ambitious business growth targets
- Drive cross team collaboration to ensure integration across owned, earned and bought channels and product
- Shift brand perception and consideration to ensure an increase in market share
- Identify new opportunities to grow the brand
- Develop benchmarks, reporting and drive efficiencies through paid media channels
- Align with global marketing & communications community on central projects
- Conduct research, provide insights and recommendations to senior leadership team on addressing competitor activities, helping to create barriers to entry for new and existing players
- Plan, organize and own the internal communications agenda and ensure consistent messaging and integration of all internal communications, using the full array of communication channels (from face-to-face meetings, electronic, print, broadcast, team day events etc.)
- Working with communications colleagues across eBay Inc.
- Provide employee communications expertise and support to the Leadership Team and other senior partners.
- Devise new or improve existing strategic metrics to measure the impact of the communications strategy
- Own the communications budget, including agency/vendor management
- Be a culture beacon - demonstrate passion and curiosity to support business growth and keep colleagues informed, engaged and involved
- Experienced employee communications professional – ideally both in-house & agency experienced, but not essential
- Broad range of communications and project management skills; the ability to be strategic as well as execute
- Creativity in thinking and skilled at how to connect via multiple channels
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Experienced in building relationships with key internal partners and external vendors/agencies
- Hands-on approach, and ability to get the job done.
- 8+ years of communications experience at a managerial level – preferably in a global organization within the retail, internet or technology sectors
- Quickly build credibility and become a sought-after resource for communications counsel
- Act as a change agent in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment
- Influence key partners to understand business problems and identify where they can be addressed, wholly or in part, via clear employee communications and engagement
- Operate as a respected business partner, not simply taking direction, but strategic in driving communications programs, providing valuable counsel, advice and appropriate pushback
- Strong change management experience including complex organizational and cultural change
- Highly developed verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience of influencing, supporting and possibly leading virtual and cross-functional teams – focusing on outcomes and impact rather than input
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent problem-solver with a high level of maturity and good judgement
- Self-starter; willing to take initiative with confidence
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: