Legal InternLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0037816
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be included in a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for supporting small businesses succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
In partnership with the businesses, we drive the purpose and success of eBay and its buyers and sellers. The team includes the company's global legal department, risk management program, and its policy group who interacts with content regulators, law enforcement, IP, corporate governance and SEC compliance, contracts, and other legal and government relations matters.
6 months internship based in our Richmond office.
Overall purpose of role: how the role adds value to the department and to eBay:
- To assist lawyers in the commercial team in a wide range of legal matters involving eBay’s UK and European marketplaces businesses.
- To provide pro-active, consistent, good quality and commercially-focused support to the members of the legal team.
Core responsibilities: key regular activities of the position
- Reviewing and approving marketing materials.
- Reviewing promotion terms and conditions.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial agreements (mostly from templates).
- Assisting with the creation of precedents.
- Conducting legal research.
- Reviewing website content (e.g. help pages, template emails to users, policies).
- Helping with processes such as contracts, archive and know-how systems.
- Helping with administrative matters.
Experience, qualifications & personal characteristics
- Excellent academics.
- Must have completed the LPC (Commercial law module highly desirable) with commendation or distinction grade.
- Significant previous experience as a paralegal, either in-house or in private practice, desirable (minimum 3 months).
- Good understanding of online/e-commerce.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, pressurised environment and to act quickly and decisively.
- Passion for eBay.
- Commercial outlook and a strategic and creative problem solver with self-confidence, ‘can do’ attitude, sound judgement and a good sense of humour.
- Attention to detail.
- Teammate with excellent social skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Computer literacy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: