Marketing Performance InternLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0036745
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world? If you are looking to a join a purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
At eBay, we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce across the UK and the world. With approximately 25M people in the UK shopping on eBay every year, our customers, buyers and sellers are at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new.
As a global brand our purpose is to build opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who seek to make the world better
We offer an outstanding culture and inspiring working environment and this is an exciting opportunity to build your marketing skills and experience at one of the most influential brands in the UK.
Starting in April for one year, this full-time role will sit in the Performance and Planning team within UK Marketing division. The internship will cover a variety of projects and a broad range of responsibilities. It is a great learning opportunity for someone aspiring to launch a future career in marketing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help to build out customer-centric plans to acquire new customers and increase the frequency of purchase and retention of existing eBay customers
- Help to scope out early stages of campaign design/strategy considering the primary objectives, insights and customer target groups
- Support in pulling together weekly business performance updates, by identifying week to week movements in buyer, traffic or sales metrics and following up with relevant partners on the drivers of those movements
- Support the program management and tracking of key performance metrics of key strategic initiatives, ensuring the successful and on time delivery of marketing activities
- Work in close collaboration with other Marketing teams including our Global Marketing, Brand, Comms and Marketing Operations colleagues.
- Partner with a range of business areas outside of the Marketing division, including Trading, Legal, Customer Service and Shipping to execute those plans.
- Holds an interest of Marketing, particularly Digital, Performance and Retail marketing
- Background in Marketing and/or Business
- Organised and able to work quickly and function well under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and curious nature – keen to understand the why and the how
- Managing multiple projects or activities at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity in a large, global matrix organisation
- Excellent communication skills, ability to earn trust of partners quickly
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative and drive
- Drives for results and demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Builds relationships and is a standout colleague
- Customer-centric focus
- Ability to think innovatively and solves problems effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and can effectively manage through a fast paced, fast changing environment
- Fun, hardworking, innovative, and personable
- A full year internship in a great office environment
- Diverse and fun team spirit
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies, flexibility and rapid decision-making
- Dynamic team with room for individuality, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and humour
- Stretch opportunities for additional responsibilities based on performance
Qualifications, knowledge & experience required
- Current student or recent University graduate - preferred but not required
- Entry level knowledge of marketing and business (esp performance marketing)
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: