Performance & Loyalty InternLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0034314
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world? If you are looking to a join a purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of. At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce across the UK and the world. With approximately 25M people in the UK shopping on eBay every year, our customers, buyers and sellers are at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new.
As a global brand our purpose is to create opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who aspire to make the world better
We offer an outstanding culture and inspiring working environment and this is an exciting opportunity to build your marketing skills and experience at one of the most influential brands in the UK.
Starting in September for one year, this full-time role will sit in the Performance & Loyalty Marketing team. Working 6 months of the internship supporting the Loyalty team and 6 months supporting the Customer Acquisition and Retention team.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with campaign management across eBay and our loyalty partner channels which includes planning, execution and reporting.
- Running seasonal always on activity working with our creative agency and operations team.
- Set up and own a trading calendar for our Loyalty Partner to display relevant messages at the right time. Work closely with our Loyalty Partner and the Retail team to ensure messages, creative and timings are aligned.
- Work together with our analysts to understand performance.
- Supporting the team to retain linked users, drive frequency and spend and to reduce churn.
- Weekly meetings with our Loyalty Partner to explore new opportunities and share ideas.
- Ensure creative and messaging is aligned across platforms and marketing collateral.
Customer Acquisition and Retention team:
- Help to build out customer-centric plans to acquire new customers and increase the frequency of purchase and retention of existing eBay customers.
- Partner with a range of business areas outside of the Performance Marketing team (trading, shipping, customer service, as well as other groups within marketing) to execute those plans.
- Partner with other Customer Acquisition and Retention partners across Europe to share new ideas and insights from new campaigns.
- Support in updating the broader business on weekly business performance by identifying week to week movements in buyer metrics and follow up with relevant partners on the drivers of those movements.
- Support the program management and tracking of key performance metrics of key strategic initiatives, ensuring the successful and on time delivery of marketing activities.
- University degree received or currently studying Marketing, Business or Analytics (min Bachelor) degree.
- Holds an interest of Marketing and wider Business trends.
- Strong analytical skills and curious nature – keen to understand the why and the how.
- Organised and able to work quickly and function well under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Leading multiple projects or activities at once.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity in a large, global matrix organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to earn trust of partners quickly.
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative and drive
- Drives for results and demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Establishes relationships and is a standout colleague
- Customer-centric focus
- Ability to think innovatively and solves problems effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and can effectively lead through a fast paced, fast changing environment
- Fun, hardworking, innovative, and personable
- A full year internship in a phenomenal office environment
- Diverse and fun team spirit
- Dynamic team with room for individuality, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and humour
- Varied and interesting tasks to learn, including two rotations across the UK Performance Marketing team
- Stretch opportunities for additional responsibilities based on performance
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies, flexibility and rapid decision-making
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: