Senior Mobile App DeveloperLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0039245 Subsidiary eBay
Senior Mobile App Developer (iOS, Android)
Looking for a company where you can craft how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
Every day, millions of users sell and ship their products using eBay. Our team supports this diverse community by building shipping products around the globe, helping individual sellers and small businesses to meet the growing expectations of online buyers. We are an agile team who adapt quickly and stay curious. Join us to make an impact on one of the world’s largest e-commerce websites.
What you bring:
- Agile: TDD, pair programming and continuous delivery are your preferred engineering practises. We’re mostly an XP shop, and we take the best bits of Lean, Scrum and Kanban too.
- Quality: Your emphasis is on building and delivering high quality software products that meet our high standards in native app development! Unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end and frontend tests are part of your daily work.
- Tech stack: You are confident and experienced in working on a range of languages and frameworks and are happy to pick up new ones. You like working on established technology stacks as well as constantly evolving platforms. As a huge plus you are proficient in both the iOS and Android tech stack, development environments and release processes.
- Collaboration: As a key partner and interface between our global app development teams, product management, quality engineering and release management you are used to working independently and across locations and time zones.
- Experience: You bring 5+ years of experience in designing, building, refactoring and releasing large scale native apps in a distributed global environment.
What you'll do/learn:
- You will be a member of one of eBay's Global Shipping agile teams. As part of this cross-functional team you will own the native app experience for this area.
- You’ll mainly be working with Java/Kotlin on Android or Objective-C/Swift on iOS. As part of the team, you'll also share your knowledge with the wider team as well as learning about and contributing to our core web experience.
- Constantly improve quality and our architecture: refactoring code, adding automated tests and ensuring that our releases thrill our customers.
- Apply and evolve TDD/BDD and other agile practices on all the code you deliver.
- Pair with, mentor and coach team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback.
What we bring:
- Rewarding technical challenges - fixing eCommerce delivery requires solving difficult technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving our technology while dealing with the eBay volume is what we do best.
- Wonderful, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!) right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of phenomenal food options nearby.
- Great company culture - at eBay we value respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games and enjoy free lunch on our demo day.
- Flexible working - really great support for working from home (we’ve got good video conferencing facilities) and great holiday package.
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
Read more on our blog! https://ebaytech.london/
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: