Sr. Manager, Shipping AnalyticsLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0034465 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Job Title : Senior Manager, Shipping Analytics
The Shipping Analytics team, sits within the Analytics organisation for AMER, focused on Global Shipping initiatives. We are looking to hire a strong Senior Analytics Manager to support the EU Shipping initiatives, based here in London, UK.
As a Senior Analytics Manager in this team you will:
- Conduct quantitative analysis of experimental, click-stream, search, and textual data to generate insights and drive decision-making
- Design, build and use models to understand how our products perform and how our sellers and buyers engage on the platform
- Partner with business teams to understand road-map and strategy, proactively analyze business performance, and communicate your recommendations effectively and clearly
- Partner with product, technology, and leaders to turn business problems into data problems and demonstrate creativity by using existing eBay data to tackle those problems
- Write well documented code that will be shared and used across teams, and can scale to be used in existing products
- Establish yourself as a leader with vision on Shipping Analytics; continuously learning state-of-the-art analytical and statistical techniques to innovate for eBay using existing data assets
- Lead a small team
- A strong background of relevant work experience in data analytics
- Training or demonstrated experience in A/B Testing, predictive modeling, or
- Industry experience (Logistics Industry or Ecommerce is a plus but not a prerequisite)
- Training in statistical methodology (multivariate, time-series, experimental design, data mining, etc.)
- Familiarity with relevant tools such as Python, SQL, Spark/ Scala, Hadoop, R, Excel, and Tableau
- Validated capability to solve problems using advanced quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and to effectively collaborate within cross-functional teams
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.s
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: