Trading Intern - eBay Home & GardenLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0039412 Subsidiary eBay
Intern – immediate start – 6 month opening
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? As an intern here at eBay, you will play a part in crafting how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world. If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
Our Home & Garden team are looking for an Intern to join the team, to focus on communicating with our UK business sellers to drive their growth and engagement on eBay.
The position sits within the Trading division of eBay, whose primary focus is trading the different categories on eBay and working with business sellers to help them grow on eBay.
Working within one of the largest product categories, this role is passionate about working with sellers to find opportunities for them to grow – key aspects of this will be promotional opportunities, opportunities to optimise their offer on eBay and the sharing of data and insight specific to the seller.
- Contacting sellers to source outstanding campaigns and promotional opportunities
- Providing sellers with data and insights, reviewing current performance and recommending optimisation tasks
- Initiating contact with multiple sellers and structuring development plans
- Reporting and sharing results of each activity within the business
- Collaborating with key internal partners including the Merchandising team to feedback insight, findings & future opportunities
- Attending operating meetings to share updates for the category
- Designing of further seller contact campaigns based on learnings
- Attending seller meetings
The role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to connect with a broad section of eBay’s business sellers and use their initiative and analytical skills to help both the sellers and eBay to grow.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Entrepreneurial and able to demonstrate commercial acumen
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter able to take the initiative
- Highly focused & organised
- Able to operate efficiently in a highly dynamic context
- An excellent team-mate
- A real passion for Home & Garden products & ecommerce retail which should be shown in your application
- Currently studying or a recent graduate
What do we offer?
- A six-month internship in a phenomenal office environment
- Diverse team with room for individuality, passion for e-commerce, integrity and humour
- Varied and interesting tasks with high responsibility
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies, flexibility and rapid decision-making
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: