Payment Services Tech Oversight LeadLuxembourg, Luxembourg Requisition Number R0040534
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
The eBay Payment Technology Services is supporting all payment entities and licenses across the globe from a technology standpoint.
We are looking for a Luxembourg-based Experienced Technology Oversight Lead to strengthen our EU/UK technology team. The role focuses predominantly on ensuring compliance with relevant technology requirements and support the global payment technology team to craft, develop and maintain payment systems in line with laws and regulations.
This individual will ensure global payment systems and platforms are set in line with regulations. This role will work with the Global Head of Payment Technology Services team. This is an opportunity to tackle a dynamic and fast paced role with frequent interaction with Technology Payment team and technology leaders across the company. This role will help gain a deep understanding of eBay payments and allow the individual to work with advanced tech teams.
Further, the individual will be encouraged to develop relationships with key partners across these areas in Luxembourg, and in the UK and within the network of additional entities to support Managed Payments across US/APAC.
- Participate to the Technology and Information Security Oversight governance and operations of eBay Payments Entities
- Ensure that Technology and Information Security policies and procedures adequately address regional regulatory and risk requirements
- Maintain and report key relevant metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of technology controls
- Participate, coordinate and deliver on key business projects and initiatives as domain specialist for the second line of defense
- Participate in payment backend systems development lifecycle to ensure technical alignment with local EU/UK requirements
- Provide guidance and support to the global payment technology team
- Monitor changes to payment backend systems and anticipate any issue that could arise from significant modifications of the system landscape from an entity standpoint
- Lead and supervise Technology and Information Security risks in partnership with the risk and compliance functions
- Maintain regional technology and security risk management framework properly documented and updated. Re-evaluate effectiveness of the risk management framework after major changes
- Oversee known technology issues and supervise remediation progress
- Participate in development, review and test of Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Support actively IT audits (internal and external) and regulatory inspections
- Monitor and evaluate emerging technology related regulations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or technology
- 7-10+ years of experience, in Information Technology, Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management or Technology Advisory
- Solid Experience in developing or deploying large scale systems
- Significant knowledge of payment processes and strong discernment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in order to identify process improvement opportunities and potential solutions to operational issues
- Experience in risk management methodologies, control frameworks and industry standards (e.g. ISO, COBIT, NIST, ITIL, ENISA, PCI).
- Holding relevant professional certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO27001 LA LI, PCI...) is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate technology and information security-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven project management skills with the ability to, execute and deliver projects in a timely manner; ability to effectively prioritize in this highly dynamic environment
- Proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused management style which promotes open communication and collaborative problem resolution; ability to establish strong partnerships and relationships
- International experience over multi-functional matrix team structures
- Fluency in English.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: