Sr. Manager, Internal AuditLuxembourg, Luxembourg Requisition Number R0037901
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have an important impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team
We oversee all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
The eBay Inc. Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the eBay Inc. and Luxembourg Board of Directors, Authorized Management and our global and local regulators.
Join our team as a Luxembourg-based Senior Manager with a strong audit, assurance or controls background!
You will be responsible for executing regulatory audits in line with the annual Internal Audit Plan and managing the enterprise risk management (ERM) process for our International licensed entities, as well as provide IA/ERM oversight to additional entities in other regions within EU/APAC. While reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this is an opportunity to tackle a dynamic and fast-paced role with frequent interaction with key partners such as Finance and business leaders across the company. This role will help gain a deep understanding of key business functions, translating risks into business issues, as well as prioritizing findings and recommendations aligned with corporate strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting with 10-15+ years of experience, in the areas of audit, finance, compliance and/or risk management.
- Significant knowledge of business processes and strong business insights to identify control deficiencies, process gaps and business issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify process improvement opportunities and potential solutions to operational issues.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written); must be able to communicate optimally with individuals at multiple levels
- Strong project management skills with the ability to, execute and deliver projects in a timely manner; ability to effectively manage several priorities in this highly dynamic environment.
- Proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused management style which promotes open communication and shared problem resolution
- Fluency in English.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound knowledge of IT Audit and ITGC and/or CISA certification would be a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Work with Internal Audit and Authorized Management to design and execute financial and operational audit programs
- Participate in and lead audit engagements from planning to reporting and deliver quality products
- Support Internal Audit for eBay Inc. and Authorized Management of Luxembourg as required with annual planning and risk assessment process
- Prepare the Audit Charter together with the eBay Inc. IA function.
- Provide input and support to the strategic vision and footprint of the Audit department
- Execute a risk-based audit approach, independently evaluating, testing and reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, as well as identifying the root cause of issues.
- Execute audit assignments timely, including drafting audit issues for review by audit management, facilitating issue tracking, and validating closure of issues.
- Finalize and communicate audit findings in a clear and concise manner and find opportunities for improvement in the design and efficiency of key controls
- Present the results of audit work to Internal Audit, Luxembourg Authorized Management, local partners and risk and control forums.
- Stay up to date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the location and its control environment.
- Prepare quarterly presentations to communicate audit progress/status and open observation status to the Board of Managers.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: