Business Intelligence ManagerMilan, Italy Requisition Number R0036136 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting millions of buyers and sellers every day. Our ambition is to be the place the world shops first, because we offer the best choice, most relevant shopping experiences and the most powerful selling platform. If it is happening anywhere in the world, it is happening on eBay.
eBay has been around since 1995 and has evolved tremendously over the past two decades. When we launched, we transformed commerce by introducing consumer selling, across the world. Fast forward to the present day and much has changed. These days, 81% of items sold on the eBay platform are new (not second-hand).
The role will be responsible for deeply understanding the performance of the business and initiating/driving projects to improve it, providing statistical analysis across a wide variety of different business areas including marketing, trading, sales, trust. Working closely with the Head of B2C and Italian leadership team, the successful candidate will provide credible data-driven research and strategic analysis to inform commercial decision-making, in addition to driving business impacting projects themselves.
This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate to place themselves within the heart of a dynamic team, where they can gain broad business knowledge across many different disciplines, teams and have a real impact on the business. Working in a collaborative environment, we focus on self-development and building skills through the creation of solutions that demonstrate the value we deliver to our customers.
- Understand performance of the eBay Italy business inside out, own end-to end perspective on performance/ drivers (financial and operational)
- Develop and drive initiatives to improve/ optimize performance based on insight and understanding
- Craft and deliver analytical reports that yield effective, usable insight using MS Excel, r-shiny, SQL or Google Analytics
- Support business teams (e.g. B2C, trading, marketing) with insights to support projects and ad-hoc activity
- Being self-driven, seeing the opportunity in everything and becoming the expert on our business
- Assist with the development, collation and analysis of all key data warehouse outputs, ensuring data quality is fit for purpose.
- Build self-serve tableau reports giving relevant partners access to key insights and performance metrics
- Proficient working knowledge of relational databases & SQL with exposure to MS Reporting Services, r-shiny or similar report building software and advanced MS Excel/Office.
- Strong verbal and written skills including the ability to interpret data and then communicate the key insight to a range of business users in a clear and effective style
- You will be confident with collecting requirements from different business user groups, challenging stakeholders appropriately in order to ensure output is ‘right first time’
- Highly analytical and numerate with good attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience working with, and manipulating large data sets
- Fluent English, Italian beneficial
- Degree level education or equivalent, eBay or other e-com analytics experience preferred
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally at executive/director levels
- Organised and analytical
- Able to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Creative approach to problem solving and “can-do” attitude
- Above all, be results driven and a hardworking individual
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: