Site Reliability EngineerMilan, Italy Requisition Number R0036030
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to contact the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate about local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eCG already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Site Reliability Engineer for eCG Italia
We are a multi-national team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us! This is a big responsibility; you will work on high-availability servers, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance the team and technologies. In return, we will work with you to grow your career.ca
Your growth will involve daily work with highly-performant and high-traffic systems, introducing innovation for our platform to deliver the experience our customers love.
eCG operates two services on the Italian market: Kijiji: horizontal platform connecting buyers and sellers and automobile.it: a car trading platform.
What you can expect from us:
- An informal, international and playful work environment with self-organized, multi-disciplinary agile teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person
- Work with cool modern technologies such as Elasticsearch, Consul, Docker, OpenStack, Hadoop, Kafka and many more
- Ability to join and participate in many internal interest groups across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others
Your skill profile:
- B.Sc. in computer science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- Expertise in design, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Proficiency with one of the configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Saltstack or Ansible and infrastructure as code concepts with Terraform
- Proficiency with monitoring and alerting solutions in a cloud environment (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana)
- Proficiency with Git / GitHub
- Familiarity with Container-as-a-Service solutions such as Marathon / Mesosphere or Nomad
- Familiarity with Kubernetes can be a huge plus
- Additionally, the experience with some of the following technologies or programming languages is desirable: Python / Go, hardware and software load balancers, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform
- Dive deep into system and application performance and reliability issues; partner with software and systems engineers across the organization to produce and roll out fixes and improvements
- Seek issues across the entire stack. Tackle problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation and monitoring to help prevent problem recurrence
- Engage in service planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Participation in on-call standby rotation (after probation period)
From the moment that you join us we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: