Applied Researcher InternNetanya, Israel Requisition Number R0037775 Subsidiary eBay
We don't have big data. We have HUGE data.
With more than 100 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace.
Here at eBay, we do not have big data. We have HUGE data. So, if you are passionate about conducting research and working with real, live data of the largest inventory in the world, we are the right place for you!
eBay Research team
Our team explores and provides solutions for extremely complex problems that huge data can bring by conducting research in the fields of Machine Learning, NLP, Recommendation Systems and Information Retrieval. We work closely with the product teams in order to bring state of the art technology to production while publishing the scientific work in top-tier conferences (NIPS, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR, EMNLP, and others).
By being part of eBay Israel’s Research team you will be able to:
- Conduct world-class research in the area of Machine Learning, Recommendation Systems and Natural Language Processing.
- Solve complex problems for eBay's core product and see your work impacts billions of people around the world.
- Work with top scientists to conduct top of the line research.
- Be part of the next generation of eBay’s products.
- Student towards MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Recommendation Systems or NLP.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Combination of strong research & engineering skills.
- Experience in programming (Python and Java are a plus), machine learning and statistics.
- Experience in working in a complex production environment - a plus
- Publication record in machine learning or related conferences - a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: