Sr Software Engineer Backend - TMS TeamNetanya, Israel Requisition Number R0040057 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Our technology team is charged with developing, testing, and operating eBay's metadata taxonomy, one of the largest e-commerce taxonomies in the software industry.
Are you driven, bold, and inventive? Do you consider yourself as an expert in what you do? Do you like to have fun? We love that culture and strive to nurture it every single day.
As a Back End Java Engineer, enabling editing, publishing, and integrations around ebay vast e-commerce taxonomy.
- Work with your team to deliver well crafted, high quality, well-tested and scalable code.
- Participate in the entire software lifecycle from design to implementation.
- Understand delivery goals and participate in sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Be a communicator, create alignment among contributors from different teams.
- Find a good balance between short-term delivery and long-term scalability goals.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by tackling tech debt, conducting code reviews, initiating refactoring and improving build and test systems
- 10 years of experience in software development with proven experience in a Java environment.
- Deep knowledge of Java and Spring
- Advanced understanding of design patterns and system architecture.
- Experience with Automated testing
- Good understanding of Build Pipelines (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Strong interest in current developments and technologies within the Java community
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery.
- A high aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- Strong communication and other soft skills that help in dealing with people
- Willingness to speak at conferences and engage in the community is a strong plus
- Experience with Neo4j or other graph databases - advantage
- Experience with ecommerce is nice to have
- Effective oral and written communication skills
You’ll need to:
- Be ambitious
- Be product and value focussed
- Collaborate & Iterate
- Support and guide the platform
- Learn from everyone
- Be generous with what you know
From the moment that you join our team we seek to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your CV. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: