Sr. Software EngineerNetanya, Israel Requisition Number R0040163
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help build the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
eBay’s Data Infrastructure team builds and runs petabyte scale distributed data platforms that power large scale transactional data, caching, blob/object storage, streaming and media use cases. We are the core data platform on which eBay application developers build highly available services and user experiences. We offer multiple database choices to enrich application development and improve developer agility, including – relational, document style, columnar and key-value stores.
We are seeking a senior-level software engineer who has strong prior data expertise supporting large scale data and application ecosystem. Become a part of the data governance engineering team that works very closely with eBay’s application developers, architects and product managers to ensure the right data governance solutions to support the application’s obligation needs, e.g. confidentiality/privacy/security/retention/contract and classification needs.
You would work closely with engineers, product development customers, business partners & product managers, and influencing key decisions in the application development lifecycle. You will be creating tools and products to up level data governance capabilities for all of eBay.
- Build large scale Data Governance software products and tools to support the data needs of eBay.
- Evaluate and recommend database governance and lifecycle patterns, standards and processes to improve the overall Data Governance and Lifecycle offerings.
- Partner across Product Development and database platform teams to understand business and product needs and ensure the solution meets our obligations.
- Work to align technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of product development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Build Data Model Classification and Categorization to support audit, privacy and compliance obligations across different business domains in eBay.
- Build and update existing Physical Data Model metadata for relational, document style, columnar and key-value stores provisioned across different environments.
- Build and enhance automation for creation of DDL scripts for database objects to be created in relational database systems.
- Promote a data-driven software development culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery and business impact.
- Help lead data governance solution design reviews across multiple teams.
- Communicate, represent and evangelize supported Data Infrastructure and Data Governance platforms across external eBay application development teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience working as a Software Engineer.
- Experience building large scale software solutions, tools and products using Java (preferably), and/or other object-oriented technologies.
- Experience in database technologies such as Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase and MySQL with an extensive focus on scalability, availability and performance.
- Experience in driving technical standards, architectural and data patterns across multiple teams.
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency with databases and data patterns.
- Understanding of metadata, data quality, data lineage, data security/confidentiality/privacy and related data standards.
- Experience in eCommerce industry with a familiarity of Selling, Buying and Payments domains is a plus.
- Understanding of agile development methodologies in an iterative development environment.
- Proven ability to understand the business and make appropriate trade-offs.
- Proactive and energetic individual with a strong bias for action.
- Strong verbal & written communicator with excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: