Tech Lead - Catalog TeamNetanya, Israel Requisition Number R0040413
eBay doesn’t have BIG DATA. It has HUGE DATA!
With more than 100 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most dynamic online marketplace. If you are passionate about working with real, huge data of the largest inventory in the world, this role might be the best fit for you!
Your huge impact in this role
You will participate and contribute to major development of services and components which process hundreds of millions of messages each day creating the world’s biggest products catalog which directly enables better customer experience on eBay’s site.
In this role, you will be responsible for high quality development of Java services that integrate with high scale backend systems; High quality design and implementation; Support of production applications.
We expect you to demonstrate passion for technology, provide leadership, support and motivation to technical team members while demonstrating proficiency in Java technologies and methodologies.
What shall you bring to the table?
• 5+ years’ experience in server-side development in Java, Restful services
• Experience with complex high scale systems.
• Experience with Spring framework.
• Experience with NoSQL and RDBMS.
• Experience with Kafka.
• Experience with Apache Spark.
• Deep understanding of testing methodology
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science BSc.
• Team player that can work and support internal and external teams.
• Flexibility and passion to learn new domains.
The following competencies would be an advantage:
• Experience in UI
• Experience in micro-services environment.
• Experience with ELK.
• Experience with K8s.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: