Tech Lead - Seller InsightsNetanya, Israel Requisition Number R0037355 Subsidiary eBay
With more than a billion active listings, tens of millions of daily transactions, conducted by tens of millions of sellers / hundreds of millions of buyers, across more than 30 countries, and 22 different currencies, comprised of a product catalog staggering in diversity - eBay is a marketplace like no other that has ever existed If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
In this role you will be a part of eBay’s global Seller Insights group in support of dramatically elevating the capabilities of all of eBay’s Selling. Ensuring eBay’s tens of millions of sellers have access to world class, supremely intelligent tools, analytics and API’s to support their needs to operate and grow. This is a key pillar of eBay’s strategic vision for the company.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Play a key role in leading the design and implementation of key systems of one of the world's largest internet and eCommerce companies - meeting the most challenging requirements around scalability, availability and big data processing.
Responsibilities will include:
● Take a leading role in the design of the system in close collaboration with architects and managers
● Design and implement the testing framework and CI/CD process for the system
● Take ownership and help drive the team and group efforts
● Coach and mentor junior developers on the team
● Working in an agile environment, constantly strive to increase the team’s productivity and velocity
● Deep hand-on knowledge of Java application development, testing and frameworks
● Significant experience in design and development of Internet-scale systems with massive amounts of data
● Experience working in a Big Data environment - Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, DWH, Analytical databases etc.
● Proven experience working in agile environment and cross functional teams
● Strong knowledge of micro-services architecture
● Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
● Proven ability of leading and delivering complex projects with multiple team dependencies
● BSc in computer science/software engineering or other relevant education
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: