Design LeadNew York, New York Requisition Number R0037924 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you'll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you'll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
As Design Lead at eBay, you'll focus on leading designers in building experiences that empower our Buyers to discover more valuable products and our Sellers to reach more buyers, thru a range of promotional services thru eBay's e-commerce platform. You'll guide people as they navigate and use our self-service tools and create experiences that not only help sellers intuitively accomplish goals and tasks but also inspire them to feel welcome, comfortable and secure. We work across the product development cycle and pride ourselves for solving really big problems with design thinking. You will work collaboratively with our data, design, product and engineering teams. You will be responsible for creating ideas, rallying support, communications, and interface design for the Seller and Buyer experiences. You'll support and guide our team in making elegant, beautiful, smart things and drive engagement and trust within eBay.
You love a challenge and are ready to help reinvigorate one of the internet’s biggest and best brands. You'll need strong attention to detail, and have a keen sense of production cadence, as well as an eagerness to tackle design problems at scale. You care about making great products and are willing to design and test, and iterate to get to the best solutions. You have the ability to negotiate and evolve design with partners in the project team, and ensure the integrity of the design is upheld. You should be knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and best practices, but always feel the need to do better.
• Create world-class, user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product learning and customer feedback.
• Design the experience architecture, UI, and interaction flow of new business seller tools.
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes.
• Communicate your design work and negotiate future direction with peers, researchers, design leaders, product partners and executives
• Curious minds and an appetite for learning
• A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
• Fearless brainstorming
• Passion for the craft and the ability to showcase ideas with the latest design and prototyping tools
• A user-centric and strategic approach
• A point of view on the design and technology trends that will shape the future of our industry
• 5+ years of experience as a lead / manager of interaction designer or similar role
• Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
• Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design or equivalent
• Experience in core design research, including competitive and landscape analysis, pattern research, qualitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation.
• Ability to cultivate an understanding of industry trends and communicate your ideas to the design org as a whole
• A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work.
• Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users
• Experience with Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Figma, Marvel or equivalents
• Experience partnering with product managers and developers to deliver great experiences
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: