Software Engineer- QualityNew York, New York Requisition Number R0040910 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Software Engineer in Quality, with extensive experience in complete ownership of Product Quality, along with end-to-end quality for an Ads product such as Promoted Listings.
We are looking for a customer-focused, resourceful, detail-oriented, adaptable, and flexible individual. The ideal candidate will have solid technical background and ability to provide technical leadership. Your background will include successful collaboration in cross-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve the business goals. You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing. Highly focused individual with the ability to independently come up with comprehensive test strategies and test cases for a given product feature and ensuring that the feature rolls out with no customer facing issues.
- Define overall test strategy for assigned features.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations and help rollout changes
- Define automation strategy and ensure testability
- Write best in class code to automate testing for your assigned feature areas
- Develop deep understanding of the product, engineering processes, tools and concepts in order to effectively narrow down defects. Ability to not only find a defect but also to narrow it down to the root cause.
- This position does require experience to do manual testing as well
- Participates in test design and test systems architecture discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are related to domain area
- Document defects effectively and work with Development team to triage and troubleshoot defects
- Coordinate testing across multiple teams
- Participate in product and technology initiatives and recommend improvements
- Work with other QE engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications describe innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality,
performance, scalability, and reliability, and result in achievable implementation schedules and a product that meets agreed-upon quality standards
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
- Identify project risks, dependencies and be able to provide alternatives yielding reduced risk
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Python, Java, JS, CSS, HTML, SQL is a must
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end web application flows and tiers.
- Strong knowledge of Java application development and testing.
- Experience needed in WebDriver or corresponding UI automation technologies .
- Experience in Rest APIs preferred. (Understanding contracts and developing automation against contracts/mocks)
- Active ownership of resolving various obstacles in testing complex subsystems systems by working with other dependent teams
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time with good quality.
- Demonstrates an exceptional customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
- MSCS/MSEE highly desirable, BSCS or BSEE or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required
The Advertising Team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We’re creating innovative ad-tech solutions to optimize the ad monetization and experience on eBay. Our goal is to create a valuable experience for both buyers and sellers, while also driving performance for advertisers. To that end, we are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals to revolutionize the advertising space for eBay and beyond.
Read about some of our products and recent work here:
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.